Chapter 31-A Sleepover

JUST A REMINDER YOU ARE READING THE OLD VERSION, THIS IS NOT THE MOST UP TO DATE VERSION. THE MOST UP TO DATE VERSION IS EITHER THE RED COVER (MATURE) OR THE BLUE COVER (CLEAN VERSION).

--------------------------------------

Draco stood outside Dumbledore's office with his hands in his pocket, watching as the rest of the inquisitor squad turned the corner down the corridor, faces twisted with excitement and victory. But Draco couldn't bring himself to pretend that he was happy they caught Dumbledore's Army.

Frankly, the liked the concept of it.

He leant against the wall, staring at the floor. Footsteps approached.

"Congratulations," Blaise said, "you won the bet."

"The bet was stupid. If we didn't have the bet, I could have been able to prevent this. What if he gets expelled?"

Blaise frowned. "I'm not sure."

"If not expelled, his hand will fall off from being tortured. I don't even think he remembers the bet. I'm the one who always thought about it. I always have to win, and look, now I've lost. He was trying to help people."

"He always helps people. It's what he does. It wasn't your fault, you were doing what you were told."

"And I wish I didn't. I wish I had the guts to stand up to her. To stand up to my father. I don't believe in them, I believe in Harry."

"Yeah, I can tell from the hickey."

Draco snapped up and covered his neck.

"You should probably start wearing turtleneck's if that's what you and him are going to be up to."

"Shut up." His hand unconsciously fell to his necklace, and he hooked a finger on it, feeling the I love you lettering with his thumb.

Blaise just laughed.

Suddenly the door slammed open. Kingsley, Umbridge, and Minister Fudge stormed out of Dumbledores office, Umbridge's high pitched squeaking overstepping Fudge. They were too uptight to notice them.

Draco gripped his wand's handle, but didn't draw it. "I'd love to just curse her. Wouldn't you?"

"Tell me about it." Blaise wasn't the one who answered. Instead, Harry stood in his place. Blaise winked and followed Umbridge's direction to the moving staircases.

"Hey you," Draco turned to him. "Are you okay?"

Harry didn't say anything. "Dumbledore took the blame."

"That's good?"

Harry shook his head. "None of this is good. I can't tell you out here."

"Then let's go to our place."

"I'm not allowed outside the castle. I'm not allowed to be with people, really."

"She said that?"

"Basically."

"That doesn't mean we can't walk together. Where's your cloak? "

"Hermione borrowed it to get to the lesson. It's probably in the Room of Requirement. Or, maybe she grabbed it, I'm not sure."

Ha, Draco wanted to say, I knew it was the Room of Requirement, as if he won, as if he was happy about it, but he didn't because he wasn't. "Do you want to go check?"

"Yeah. Don't want Umbridge getting her hands on it. I'll see you later."

"How about I walk you there?"