Chapter 55- The Breakdown

The train rode by as the gloomy clouds rained down on the machine, the drops jumping off the pebbles that coated the iron from the tracks. Harry found it humorous how the weather wholly corresponded to his mood as of late. Time hadn't moved fast enough even if it was 3 or 4 days.

Yeah, 3 or 4 days of pure misery.

It was horrid, Harry's emotions, the pain in his heart, the beat that stung his chest all made him want to rip his own soul to pieces. He wouldn't mind killing someone at this point.

"How could he of just forgotten me?" He would ask himself questions every waking moment. "No, he couldn't be! He's just joking- a sick game. Draco would never...could never do that to me! When we get back to Hogwarts he's just going to surprise me and then I'll get mad at him and then we'll have angry make up sex in the room of requirement and everything will be okay.. Okay?"

Harry was in an endless, sick denial.

He toyed Draco's pocket watch in his robes whose dial was stuck on 1260. Harry figured it was just broken from slamming it against the floor back in 6th year. And when Harry got home from the trial, he did kick the night stand, causing it to fall...yeah that was the problem.

Harry was too lost in thought when Draco went up to his carriage door. If it wasn't for the reflection of his platinum hair, he would have missed him, but the window showed his presence.

Harry's heart started beating fast, he knew this was it, Draco was going to reveal his game and everything would be okay.

But he didn't. He looked like he was going to open the trolley door but then raised his eyes to speculate Ron, Hermione, and he, before eyeing Harry with sad eyes and leaving without a second glance.

Harry followed him with his eyes until he left sight. He stood but Hermione pushed him back down.

"No, Harry! Leave him some space. For Gods sake, he's been in Askaban for 3 months, and if he really did forget you, imagine your enemy standing up for you in front of the entire Wizengamot. It's probably over whelming!"

"But Hermione-"

"She's right, mate, you don't want to ruin it."

"Ruin what? He's my boyfriend and he doesn't even remember anything we've ever had!"

"Harry! Shhh quiet down," Hermione boasted.

"Quiet down! What If it was one of you two! I love him and doesn't even remember if he loves me! In fact, he hates me!"

"Just take a breather, mate, have a chocolate frog," Ron said as he handed him the wrapper. Harry took it with a heavy heart and devastated eyes.

He pouted. "Dementors can't even erase someone's memory."

"We'll have to wait until we get there to see," Hermione replied. She wasn't sure either, but there was always research to be done.

But Harry didn't want research, that he could do after Draco remembered him, he just wanted a damn cure.

And he wouldn't rest until he got one.
-------------------------

The sorting had been done, the rules had been explained and the feast had been set., but Draco hadn't payed attention to any of it. Something had just been missing. A whole In his heart was as empty as a Gringotts vault owned by a man in poverty, yet, he didn't know why and it was biting at him.

He couldn't stop thinking about Potter for no doubt whatsoever. The reasons why Harry defended him from the arsehole prosecutor, didn't even make any sense. He should be in Askaban, rotting away, but he was here, with all the people he went against in the war. He subconscious placed a hand over his left arm which made him feel more guilty than he should of.