Chapter 15- This Isn't Goodbye

Harry woke up at around 7:30 when a bang was heard down the corridor. Draco went from his dazed trance as footsteps snapped closer and closer towards the Hospital Wing'a door.

Click click click. Harry split open his eyes, like an alligator sighting prey, to Draco shooting out of bed and hiding on the wall that the door withheld. There was no where else to stow away, so he had a small bit of hope protruding the back of his mind that whomever it was walking to the hospital wing, would slip past him and enable him to leave unnoticed.

Harry thrashed himself under the covers, heart beating quickly, leaving his apologetic eyes looking at Draco. The blonde looked back at his boyfriend, his eyes the same tone of sorrow.

Once the grand doors opened, both boys closed their eyes- Harry in fake sleep and Draco in anticipation. The heels clicked through the large wing until they stopped at Harry's bed.

"Potter, are you awake?" Draco opened his squinted eyes to find Professor McGonagal hovering over Harry. He could see the boy flutter his eyes open, the way Draco wished to see him open them. 

Harry slowly lifted himself from the bed and sat up, making Draco withhold laughter. It simply amused him how well his boyfriend could act.

Oh boyfriend, What a wonderful word. 

"Listen, I understand that you may not want to participate in any activities whatsoever, but I do encourage that you get a bite to eat, maybe have some friends visit you." Her voice was as caring as it could be, which was surprising considering the fact that Draco had only seen her correcting any student that veered from her path. "Last night's event were traumatizing, but I would best if you were to-"

"I'm fine, Professor," Harry said, "just another mess I've got to clean up."

Draco still hadn't left, which was a stroke of luck considering how he didn't have anything hiding him but a back turned and subtle conversation.

"Very well, Mr. Potter, and if you wish to talk..." Harry didn't hear the rest, him being focused on getting the ferret out of the room before McGonagall turned, and that thought put Harry's nerves on stance. Thankfully the professor looked around the room, giving Harry the chance to glare at Draco, his daggers for eyes pointing at the door twice, then back to Draco as a warning. 

Draco broke from his Harry-induced trance, eyebrows raising to his forehead, him finally getting the message. On his tip toes, he shuffled out of the room as quietly as humanly possible as Harry engaged and distracted McGonagall in conversation. As Draco ran after he was unseen, the last thing he heard was McGonagall informing Harry about the Diggory's wishing to see him. 

Draco really wished he could of stayed, just so Harry wouldn't have to be alone going through that. And then of course there was the media and his friends probably going to hammer questions at him all day. Draco promised himself he would make it up to Harry later.  

The Gryffindor wasted the day away with friends visiting him frequently, and although he was surrounded by people constantly, he couldn't have felt more lonely. He wanted Draco. Not anyone else but Draco. 

The day dragged on longer that any he'd seen in a while, and he thought falling asleep early would make time go faster just so it'd all blow over soon enough and he could stop being suffocated. Sadly, a  peaceful night's rest never came due to nightmares that woke him soon enough.

In attempts to fall asleep again, tossing and turning, however he woke at three o' clock in the morning, only to be scared to death by piercing eyes staring at him. Harry jumped and sat up in a fright.

"The hell are you doing?"

"I came to see a grindylow put on a Tu-Tu and dance like a ballerina, what do you think I'm doing," Draco leaked with sarcasm, sitting on the side of Harry's bed. "Sorry, too soon?"