Chapter 10- The Second Task

Draco left detention, but felt as though life wasn't real. That he and Potter didn't just kiss. That he was dreaming. He had to have been. 

But it felt so real.

He walked aimlessly in the halls until he ran into Pansy on the third floor. "What are you doing?"

"Checking my pulse." His fingers were pressed into his neck, and had been for quite a while.

"Why?"

"My heart won't slow down... should I go to the Hospital Wing."

"What happened?"

"I-I just feel sick, I feel weird." Good, which was bad and gross.

"Your lips are swollen."

Finally, Draco looked up to her, and her eyes widened. "You two..."

"Yeah. We did."

"Are you okay?"

"I... I dunno."

"Was it good?"

Draco looked at her, and then bit his still tingling lip. He didn't answer.

"Are you okay? Honestly?" Pansy dropped to a serious tone.

"I just... I need to think."

"Are you going to plan revenge?"

"No. No more plans. They don't work."

-----------------------------

It took a few days to calm down after the incident in detention. Draco locked himself away in his room for the rest of break. He hated himself. He hated himself because of Potter. He hated that he hated the boy enough to fall for him.

It was nonstop Potter running through his mind. He attempted to think of bad characteristics for each part of his body, but his subconscious took over telling him what he knew was true.

1) His eyes are a disgusting puke-green; No, his beautiful green eyes are absolutely perfect.

2) His mouth is too tiny, and he is a horrid kisser; No, it fits yours perfectly and you wouldn't of had your first kiss any other way.

3) His hair is too messy; No, you love every lock of his raven hair, and you know you want to put your fingers through it.

4) He is way too scrawny; No, he just kicked your living arse at the Yule ball.

Draco always tried to push these thoughts away, but they kept swimming around his brain like sharks around prey.

And it was driving him mad.

At lessons, Draco remained entirely out of focus and sometimes his eyes drifted to the back of Harry's head. The second his thoughts started to wander to running his fingers through it, he woke up and snapped his eyes back to the board, only for his eyes to drift back in a terrible, vicious cycle. 

As for Harry, he refused to even look any direction towards the ferret. His plan went well and now he was on the road of recovery to back to hating Draco, and even with his feelings still slightly present, it was a smooth drive.  

"Get to work," Professor Snape said as he finished explaining the complex antidote for uncommon poisons.

The Slytherin strayed away, however was woken by a bag being slammed to the seat next him. Looking up, Draco found that the person whom he wanted to see the least throwing his stuff to the floor with a scowl on his face.

"Wh-what are you doing here," Draco stuttered. 

"Getting the ingredients. Snape paired us together again. I know I'm a bit slow, Malfoy, but I know when someone hates me enough to put me through torture," Harry bit as venom stung his words.