Chapter 73- Christmas

The common room had become a safe haven to them. It was the only place in the entire castle that they trusted completely. Even the forest seemed to have its disadvantages, because if either one of them were seen entering it, separately or together, there could be the smallest fraction of an opportunity of them being caught.

Although they hated bowing down to Pumblechook, the threats in class were much more minimized. He treated Draco and Harry as individual human beings, instead of his normal visualization of the two together. The punishments stopped. In fact, neither Draco nor Harry talked in the class. They just did the assigned work and continued on to their next class, where they would be much more lenient with each other. It was just that one class where they acted as though they hated each other.

Luckily for them, they knew what they were doing due to past experiences with Snape. They didn't completely ignore each other; that would raise suspicion. They also didn't stare at each other all the time; that would cause the professor to think there was a chance for them to join together again.

They would just give solemn glances sometimes. If one answered a question, the other would scoff or strive a look of disgust.

Other classes were different. Since it was just the 8th years, Draco and Harry could sit together, laugh sometimes, and even talk. Potions hosted a dangerous atmosphere, though. There was one time throughout the week when Harry had difficulty brewing his potion. As a result, Draco sniggered at him, and Harry threw a rat-tail at him. Draco threw back pixie dust, causing sparkles to go over him. Ron had to go between them before there was a huge accident.

So instead, Draco sought back to sabotage Harry's assignment but adding extra frog liver and the Gryffindor found himself in the hospital wing with a deformed arm due to an explosion. Draco was with him the entire time in the hospital wing, laughing his head off.

Their friends forbid them to sit together in potions ever again.

Any spare time over the week before holidays, they would spend in the common room. Before breakfast, after classes, after dinner, before dinner: it didn't matter, for it was all spent in the 8th year's dorm.

That grew frustrating. They hated the nonexistent change in atmosphere, and the inability to breathe. It was suffocating, being locked in their rooms all day.

It was a week later when Harry was studying with his friends on the old seating arrangement. On Monday, which is two days later, they would be leaving for Holiday vacation.

"Take this back," Draco threw Harry's old Gryffindor hoodie at his head only after he walked from his room.

"What? Why," Harry asked concerned. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No," Draco said simply.

"So why are you giving me back my jumper?" Harry was immensely confused. Even when they broke up, Draco never gave him his hoodie in return.

"Because it doesn't smell like you anymore," Draco complained, crossing his arms. "It just smells like my trunk, and if I won't see you for a week, I want to at least smell it when I miss you."

Harry immediately softened, relieved. "Oh." Harry pulled the hoodie over his sweater to find a pleased Draco looking at him. Draco then sat on Harry's lap, completely disregarding the essay splayed on it. He took the quill and parchment and held it in his hands as he plopped on top of Harry.

"Please Draco, take a seat," Harry strained.

"Don't mind if I do," Draco smiled as he leaned back, crushing Harry's internal organs. This caused Harry to groan and laugh at the same time. "What are you working on?"