Chapter 38- The Misson

The rest of the week the two didn't get a chance to see each other, except for the Friday during breakfast. Harry needed to talk to Draco, so he headed down to the Great Hall bright and early to gobble down his food. The tables filled, and as they did, Harry couldn't ignore the quicker pace of his heartbeat. Draco wasn't there by his usual time. 

Despite being worried, Harry swallowed, reassured himself that Draco possibly slept in too late, and continued biting on some toast. He tried pressing back the voice in his head. Draco's never late. He's an early bird, he likes being early to everything. 

Harry hadn't brought up the incident at the lake, it seemed as though Draco felt extremely uncomfortable with the subject and he didn't want to hit the wrong nerve. But that didn't mean he didn't wonder about it. 

Breakfast was almost through when the Slytherin walked in, ending Harry's worry, but it sparked back up easily when he studied the boy. His face was sunken in, hair a wreak, he looked completely unhealthy and sleep deprived, and that made Harry feel sick to his stomach.

Damn it, not again

Harry saw when Draco shoved away his plate of food, and he saw him swallow back the lump in his throat, but he didn't know if he was imagining Draco's lip quiver or not.  

Contradictory to his heart, Harry kept an icy glare, hoping it would send Draco a chill to look up, and thankfully it did. Draco looked him in the eye, trying to send a sneer, but it didn't happen, couldn't happen. He was too 'under the weather' as he told himself. He pressed his lip in a flat line, then went back to frowning. 

Harry motioned his eyes toward the door and back to Draco twice, then cocked his head slightly, motioning them to meet outside.

"I'll meet you at charms, I forgot my books," Harry told Ron and Hermione as he left before they could protest. Even if they were to, he would have left anyway. Draco waited a few minutes before telling Pansy and Blaise he'd meet them in herbology and leaving to the hallway.

It was vacated and Draco made a choice on where to go: the stairs or outside. His decision was made as he heard the door leading to the outdoors click shut. He went with his gut and followed the echo, leading to the courtyard decorated in overcast.

"Psstt." Draco knew that 'psstt.'

"Harry," Draco whispered. Harry was leaning on the cement pole, his uniform looking extensively cute and his smile very cheeky. How does he still always make my stomach do backfilps? "You do know where we are right?"

"Errrmm," he rocked back and forth on his heels, "The place where I played exploding snaps with Ron?"

"No you idiot," Draco rolled his eyes. "It where Pansy and I did our first part of The Plan."

"Plan? That's what you called it?"

"No, 'The Plan' not 'Plan.' Well, actually, 'The Plan to Seduce Potter.'"

Harry snorted. "Of all the clever things you've come up with, that's the best name you could think of? 'The Plan?'" Harry crossed his arms and smiled sarcastically. "You didn't even seduce me, you sparked me having a crush on you and then we started dating romantically. There has been no seduction in this at all." 

"I was fourteen, you arse. I wasn't planning on seducing anyone, even you, Wonder Boy." 

"And now," Harry bit his lip.

It crushed Draco to do so, but he ignored the question. Drift away, he told himself. You can't want sex. "What are we doing out here?" 

Harry opened his mouth, then shut it. He bit back his frustration and took a deep breath. "I figured if we should talk before class it'd be in a place that meant something to us and not a stinky old broom closet."