Chapter 26- Finding Out

When he saw Harry in the hall for the first time since before break, Draco's eyes lit up. It was just before supper was starting the night before classes resumed. Not many people were in the corridor, in fact most were in their own common rooms, finishing up their essays or books before the next day.

Draco looked around, making sure no one was close to them, but there were others down the hall, so he turned his face into a sneer, watching Harry's eyes, which darted down to his hand. Draco nodded, walking closely to him. Their shoulders hit each other and what landed into his hand was a small piece of ripped parchment.

"Can't see, four eyes?"

"Shove off, Malfoy. Watch where you're going," Harry bit back before rolling his eyes. When they turned the corridor, Draco hid behind a fire pillar so he could see the scrappy writing.

Second floor, broom cupboard by the charms class room. Go when you can. I'll find you on my map. Meet you there.

Draco's heart skipped a beat and he swallowed back a smile before turning around and heading towards that way. He bit his lip as he walked, picking up his pace because he gets to see Harry.

He looked both ways before entering the closet, and once he shut the door, he threw his arms around him. Harry slightly smiled and barely responded; his entire body felt too guilty to.

"Hey you," Draco squeezed him, kissing his forehead. "How are you? How was your holiday?"

He reached down and kissed Harry's lips, but, again, Harry didn't respond as much as Draco wanted him to, so he let go.

"Fine." Harry put on a fake smile. "Good. Just visited the Weasley's. I've missed you," he said, and he reached up to kiss him for real this time, because this wasn't Cho. This was Draco. This was home. Sweet, savory, lovely home. He wrapped his arms around his neck, standing on his tip toes so he could get a better angle.

"Mhhmm," Draco growled, "I've definitely missed you."

Harry allowed himself to be kissed by Draco, responding deeply, passionately, pulling him tighter. Draco let go of his lips and pressed kisses on his neck, but Harry felt he was being to selfish, felt he didn't deserve those kisses, so he pulled away.

"How was your holiday," he asked, almost too solemn.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"'m fine. Why do you ask?"

"You just don't seem happy to see me. I was ecstatic when I read your note. What's the matter?"

"Tell me about your break first, though," Harry bit his lip, leaning back on his heels and out of his embrace.

"Okay... It was fine. Not much happened. The usual, I should say."

"The usual? The usual meaning..."

"Yes, Harry."

"As in your father--"

"Yes, Harry. It's fine. I was fine. He's just worried about my future is all. I'm not serious enough."

"If it helps, I think you're too serious," Harry said, reaching out to hug him. "I think you're wonderful."

"Thanks," Draco said, and he kissed his cheek. "It was fine. I'm fine."

"Really?"

"Yes, Harry," he reassured him, squeezing him. "Now you. What's wrong?"

"Can I tell you something?"

"Of course. You can tell me anything," Draco said, "I'm only your bloody boyfriend of almost a year. Speaking of which, I just wanted to say how excited I am about February 25th."