1. My Worst Knight mare

I was travelling back from New York after years of studying law. I haven't seen my mother in years.

We did call and text and stuff but its totally different from seeing her in person.

New York...I couldn't have asked for a better place. The night life, the community and everything else. It's amazing.

I've made a new friend. The best thing that could ever happened to me. Her name's Gabriella. She's Italian like me and lives not very far from home. I didn't get how we haven't met before but I guess it was fate.

The car stopped and I thanked our driver Gianni. I stepped out of the car and looked at the big white house in front of me .....home.

I walked through the doors and saw that everything was like normal. My mother - Lucia. Was busy doing something in the kitchen.

"Mum" I shouted while throwing my bags on the floor. She turned around and a big smile grew on her face. I ran over to her and gave her a massive hug.

"I've missed you" she told me.

"Me too Mum. I'm glad I'm home."

I knew me leaving for college would be so hard. After my fathers death years ago. I felt guilty leaving her all alone in this huge house. As I was an only child, she had no company.

"You must be so tired. Go to your bedroom and have some rest. I'll sort your bags out later. We've got guests coming , so make sure you wear something nice and be ready at 6."

"Ok Mother. I'll go upstairs and try and catch up on my energy."

I walked upstairs with my bags despite what my mother said about leaving it to her. I didn't want to hassle her with something else. I dumped all my stuff on the floor and flopped on the bed.

After a restful sleep I casually woke up and turned to see my clock.

5:30

"Shit." I cursed to myself.

I ran out of bed and into the shower. I washed myself and my hair quickly before curling my beautiful blonde hair and putting on a black dress.

(Maria's dress and hairstyle)

"Maria! The guests are here" my mother shouted from downstairs.

I quickly put on my heels and walked down the stairs.

I could see a woman and a man around my mothers age and two young people around my age. A man and a woman.

The woman had dark brunette hair, brown eyes and was wearing a royal blue dress with a slit.

While the man had a black suit, brown curly hair. He had a very sharp jaw line. He was very attractive.

"Maria come meet the Albero family." My mother said while I walked over to the group of people.

The middle aged woman came up to me and gave me a very tight hug. She pulled away and said "Oh my goodness, your more beautiful than what your mother told us. "