25. New Resolutions

Dante POV

Today I have a meeting with Alonzo. The most powerful gang in the world. He's an old friend. And his daughter is the same age as Matteo, Bella. Matteo's crush.

This meeting was way over due and since Matteo had a little crush I thought I might as well help him a bit.

Alonzo is coming over with his wife - Lydia. And with his kids - Bella and Brook. Bella is the same age as Matteo while Brook is the same age as Emilio and Nicolo.

I think Maria and Lydia will get alone. I attended their wedding, Lydia is nice but she's a bit spoilt. She got brought up being spoilt rotten by her parents but she isn't a bad person.

Maria knows about this meeting but the kids doesn't. I want to surprise Matteo. I can't wait to see his face.

There was a knock on the door and maria came out of her office to open it.

"Hi Alonzo! Lydia! " she says.

They walk in revealing Alonzo and Lydia and their two children.

"Hey great to see you man" Alonzo says coming up to me.

"Ye good to see you too" I say

"You both already know Lydia, this is Bella my oldest and Brook my youngest" he says.

"Well you already know Maria. And hold on I'll get the kids now. " I say.

"Kids!!! Down here now please!" I shout.

I hear loud running footsteps so I know the kids are coming. I then see 6 children running down the stairs and standing in a line. Everyone there, from youngest to oldest. I swear their like the kids from sound of music. But if they start to sing, glass might start to shatter.

"Kids this is the -" I start to say before Matteo interrupts me "Bella? " he says.

"Matteo! Hi! You alright?" She asks him.

"Ye I'm good thanks, and you?" He says slightly blushing.

Oh to be a kid again.

"Ye I'm well. This totally adds up now, Matteo Albero, my Dad having a meeting with Mr Albero. " she says.

"Ye, I didn't even know your Dad had a meeting with mine today" he says.

"Ye I only knew till today" she says.

"Anyway. These are our children. Oldest is Matteo, than Nicolo and Emilio. Adriano and Luca and then our youngest Sienna. " Maria says.

"Nice to meet you all" Lydia says.

"Right well you kids all play together and we will be in our office discussing." I say.

I lead them all into my office and we all sit down.

"So what you wanted to discuss then Dante?"Alonzo asks.

" nothing much. Just wanted to go through a couple of things, nothing important. And I thought it would be great for our kids to get to know eachother. " I say.

"Ah okay. Well I know we can't stay for long, considering its new years eve after all. " he says.

"No, you can stay the night here. We will get the maids to do a room for you and the kids." maria says.

"No that won't be necessary" Alonzo says.

"I insist" Maria says.

Alonzo and Lydia looks at each other and Lydia says "yes that will be great, thank you. But there was no need. "