06

Coach Finstock blew his whistle as he walked away from the main office with several keys in his hand.

"Listen up, the meet's been pushed to tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most amount vacancies and least amount of judgment when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves. You'll be pairing up, so choose wisely. And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants. Got that, Lahey and Martin? Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves." Finstock says, looking at Isaac and Zoey; who are holding hands while glancing around.

Zoey and Isaac look at each other as Zoey rolls her eyes, letting go of his hand. "I'm gonna be with Lydia and Allison, I'll see you later, alright?" Zoey faces him, grabbing onto both of his hands.

"Okay, I'll see you later, be careful. I mean it," Isaac leans down, kissing her cheek as she nods. "You too. Later," she kisses his cheek back.

Zoey walks to her sister and Allison, sighing softly.

Allison and Zoey walk and Lydia stays in place. "Lydia?" Zoey looks back at her, as well as Allison.

"I don't like this place," Lydia mumbles. "I don't think the people that own this place like this place. It's just for a night." Allison says, looking at Zoey and Lydia. "A lot can happen in one night."

As the three walked to their room, Zoey sits on one of the beds, sighing.

"I'm taking a shower, Lydia? Can you go and get towels? They reek of nicotine." Allison says, stopping at the door. Lydia nods, looking as if she's not paying attention.

Zoey lays down, looking up at the ceiling. "This sucks."

About a few minutes later, Allison yells, "Lydia, did you get the towels?"

Zoey looks over at Lydia, who's zoned out. "Lydia?" Allison shouts again. "Zoey, can you?" Allison asks. "Yeah," Zoey shouts back as she gets up from the bed, walking out.

"Excuse me," Zoey says, trying to get someone at the window. "The cart on the dresser says we have a non smoking room, but somehow, all the towels reek of nicotine."

As a old aged woman walks around the corner, Zoey's eyes widen. "Sorry about that, sweetheart," her raspy voice says.

That explains it, Zoey thinks.

Zoey glances around, her eyes wandering the back of the room. "What's that?" Zoey asks, referring to the framed number behind the lady. "The number,"

"It's kind of an inside thing for the hotel. My husband insists on keeping it up," the lady says with a laugh.

"What do you mean?" Zoey nods.

"It's a little bit morbid, to be honest," she says with a laugh again. "Tell me." Zoey says, impatient.

"You sure you want to know?"

Zoey nods. "We're not going to be at the top of anyone's list when it comes to satisfaction," she says, making Zoey nod again. "But we are number one in California when it comes to one disturbing little detail. Since opening, more than any other hotel in California, we've had the most guest suicides."

Zoey's eyes widen, looking back at the number. 198.

"One ninety-eight," Zoey mumbles, staring at it in horror. "And counting." The lady laughs.

Zoey begins to back away slowly, her breathing becoming heavily.

She turns around, hearing the lady, "Sweetheart, you forgot your towels!"

Zoey begins to walk fast, towards the room Lydia and Allison are in.

"Oh my god, oh my god," She mumbles as she walks in. "You forgot the towels." Lydia clarifies. "The- The lady.. She-" Zoey points her finger, the other hand running through her hair.

"What?" Lydia asks, standing up.

"They keep track of how many suicides have happened here," Zoey lets out as her arms drop. "Zoey, how many?" Lydia asks her sister. "One hundred ninety-eight." Zoey lets a breath out.

"This freaking motel is creepy. Why this motel, just why?" Zoey says.

Lydia just stood there, her thoughts focussing on something else. Then, cautiously, the strawberry blonde moves towards a vent near by.

The strawberry blonde shrieks back as her sisters eyes widen. "Lydia, what's wrong?" Allison walks to her best friends.

"You didn't hear that?" Lydia turns around. "Hear what, Lydia?" Zoey asks, taking a step closer.

"The two people in the other room- they shot each other." Lydia says. Zoey's breathing becomes heavy, looking around.

Lydia rushes past her sister and her best friend; Zoey and Allison glance at each other before walking out.

"Lydia?" Allison attempts to get her attention. The two girls slowly made their way to Lydia, who has already opened the door to the room.

Tears stream down Lydia's face as she looks around the room. Lydia takes a deep breath, "Hello?"

Her hand found the light switch for the room, flicking it on.

Zoey sighs, hissing out, "Lydia? What the hell are you doing?"

Lydia ignores her, "It had to be right here," she cries out. "It was a guy and a girl. They sounded younger, but they were here."

Zoey and Allison step forward, Allison saying, "We believe you. After everything we've been through, we believe you."

"Something's wrong with this place," Zoey mumbles.

"It's true, something is wrong with this place."

Zoey sighs, glancing around.

"But they were all suicides, not murders; and it's not like this place is haunted, right?" Allison asks, her arms crossed over her chest. The brunettes and strawberry blonde were both eager to leave the place, although they know they can't.

"Allison, I bet you that couple made their suicide pact right in that very room. Maybe that's why they're renovating, maybe they've been scraping brain matter off the wood paneling," Lydia snaps at her.

Allison looks as if she's in deep thought, so the three teens stand in silence.

Then, Allison glances up, "Maybe we should find out."
_______________________________

this wasnt finished but I needed something up so yeah

it also isn't edited so if there's errors I didn't notice I'll fix them when I can!

:)