25.

making a comeback

"And where was your sister?" A deputy asked Lydia.

"She wasn't there."

Zoey's body was laid on the metal table in the animal clinic, Deaton examining her body.

It's almost been a day.

Ever since then, her heartbeat was still going. Very slow, but still going.

Deaton saw that she might even be healing.

Her sister and Scott were standing nearby, Lydia staring at her body.

"What's wrong with her? Why isn't she healing? Or, how is her heart still beating?" Scott asked.

"I don't know. Maybe she lost that power she had, no longer some kind of hybrid. She's starting to heal, I think." Deaton explained.

"The Banshee side of her?" Her sister asked, still staring at her body.

"Yeah, still not sure, but you still need to deal with the Nogitsune. There has to be some other reason why you're here besides to check on her."

Zoey glanced over to see a tall figure standing beside her, a small smile crept up on her lips.

"Don't think we've officially met." His voice said. "Isaac," he held his hand out for her to shake with a sweet smile on his face.

Zoey's eyebrows rose before glancing around, smiling a little before she raised her hand slowly to shake his hand, "Zoey. Were you following me?"

He let out a deep chuckle, shaking his head. "Of course not. I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself." He shrugged.

"So you decided to stop by my locker before I head to my last class?"

"Yeah." He laughed.

"I also wanted to walk you there."

The memories were flooding to her, all of them.

Before anything supernatural happened.

"Zoe!" Lydia laughed, along with Zoey.

"What! I didn't mean to burn them again." Zoey laughed, looking down at their burnt cookies.

"We shouldn't be baking if this keeps happening." Lydia shook her head as she kept laughing, then it died down.

"I know, we suck." Zoey said.

"Ugh, I love having sister time with you." Lydia's head rested on her shoulder, letting a little sigh out.

"I know that too, because I love having sister time with you too." Zoey smiled to herself, turning her head to press a little kiss to her sisters head.

"Zoe, just look at the camera." Stiles said.

"No, I don't look good right now, stop." Zoey's head shook, sitting between Scott and Stiles.

"Zoey." Melissa, holding the camera, said. "Please, we need a picture of the three of you before you all get old." She laughed.