19

riddled

Zoey was sound asleep when she kept hearing her phone buzz on the nightstand next to her bed. She groaned and sat up, on her elbows.

The light on her phone showed a picture of her and Lydia, smiling towards the camera. Her eyes squinted while picking up the phone, her thumb presses the green button. "Hey."

"Did I wake you?" Lydia's voice said through the phone. Zoey's shoulders dropped, about to make a sarcastic remark before she heard a little sniffle come from the other end. "Lydia? What's wrong? Where are you?"

"Stiles' house, please come quick." Lydia said. Zoey sat up fully, "Okay, okay. I'm coming. Wait right there, okay?" Zoey said as she threw the covers off her, getting up and finding some clothes.

As she was getting ready, she got another call. She didn't bother checking the caller I.D, because she thought it would be her sister. But it wasn't.

"Lydia, I will be right there, okay." She said, still a little bit tired. "What? It's Scott. Did you hear?"

"Oh, sorry. Uh, no. Why? What's wrong?" Zoey said, worry washing over her. "He's not at home, he's– I don't know, he's missing." He said while breathing heavily.

"Oh my god, okay. Um, calm down. I'll be at Stiles', okay?"

She hung up, frantically moving around as she was trying to find her new car keys. Zoey let out a few sighs, running towards the door quietly.

Zoey got into her car, quickly starting it and backing up to get to Stiles' house. Thoughts and voices kept running through her head and the best thing she could do was turn on the radio. So that's what she did.

A song she didn't know came on, her fingers tapping to the beat onto the steering wheel anyways. Then the song started fading out, the sound of static was being heard. Then more voices and static, then she heard a familiar voice say "Come find me."

Zoey's eyes widened, speeding a little quicker to get to Stiles' house. She pulled in and saw Scott's motorcycle right away.

Zoey got out and running into the house, up to Stiles' room. She saw Scott, Isaac, Lydia and Aiden in the room already. "What's wrong? What do you mean missing?"

"Did you hear it too?" Lydia asked right away. "What Stiles said? Come find me?" Zoey quoted what she heard from the radio.

Lydia nodded, looking at her in worry. "Wait you haven't found him?" Zoey turned to Scott.

"He said he's in an industrial basement somewhere." Scott said. "We came here to get a better scent." Isaac said.

"What else did he say?" Lydia asked. "Something's wrong with his leg. It's bleeding."

"And he's freezing."

"Tonight's the coldest night of the year. It's going to drop into the twenties." Aiden says. "What did his dad say?" Zoey asked right away, looking at Scott for his expression. "You didn't call his dad?" She half shouted.

"Stiles is bleeding and freezing and you didn't call his dad?" Lydia asked. "He made me promise not to. We can find him by scent. If he was sleepwalking, he couldn't have gotten far, right?"

"You guys didn't notice his jeep is gone, did you?" Aiden asked.

"You promised you wouldn't call his dad. I didn't." Lydia said as she pulled her phone out. "Wait, Lydia, hold on. I can get more help. Like Zoey, Derek, Allison.."