08

"And I have to come, why?" Zoey asks Stiles. "Because, Zoe, all you've been doing the past few days is making out with Lahey, or 'studying' with him," Stiles air quotes the word studying.

Zoey rolls her eyes, "Someone jealous?"

"No. Okay, stop, let's just go."

"Fine, whatever, Mr. Jealous Stilinski."

Stiles and herself find theirselves standing in Derek's loft, Derek nowhere to be found except for Cora.

"They were there for two days." Cora says. "Waiting, hiding."

Cora takes in a breath, facing the window. "That's what we're taught to do when the hunters find us."

As the three teens stand in the loft, outside it's raining and thundering.

"Hide and heal." Cora continues.

"Okay, so is two days standard then?" Stiles asks.

"Or are we thinking Derek's on, like, some extended getaway?"

Zoey scoffs, rolling her eyes at Stiles.

"Why do you care?" Cora asks, turning to face the two teens.

"Why do I care? Let's see," Stiles starts. Zoey slumps her shoulders, rubbing her temple. "Because over the last few weeks, my best friend's tried to kill himself, his boss nearly got ritually sacrificed, a girl that I've known since I was three was ritually sacrificed. Boyd was killed by alphas."

Zoey looks down at the floor as Boyd's name was mentioned; they weren't close, but she did know him and he was considered her friend.

"You want me to keep going? 'Cause I can, all right? For, like, an hour."

"You think Derek can do anything about that?" Cora takes steps towards them, making Zoey take a step in front of Stiles; her arm in from of his.

"Well, since he's the one everyone seems to be after, it's more like he should do something about it. Yeah." Stiles glances at Zoey before walking around her; making Zoey keep a close eye on Cora.

"I don't know. There's something different about him now." Cora stares into one place, leaning her hands on the table, Stiles pacing around in front of Zoey.

"He wasn't like this when I knew him."

"What was he like?" Zoey asks, taking a step in.

The threes heads turn, hearing someone's foot steps coming down the stairs.

Zoey's not surprised that it's Peter.

"A lot like Scott, actually." Peter says, walking down the stairs.

"A lot like most teenagers. Unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic..."

Zoey sighs softly, turning ever so slightly; Stiles following her actions.

"Tolerable really only to other teenagers."