16

galvanize pt. 2

"So what are we looking for?" Lydia asked as Zoey, Stiles and herself walked into the science room of Beacon Hills High.

Stiles ignored her question, walking towards the chemical room, opening the door without hesitation. "Uh, that was supposed to be locked." Zoey said.

"Yeah, I know. Notice anything else?" Stiles asked the two. The two sisters glanced at each other, Lydia speaking up. "It smells like chemicals."

Zoey then realized something, "We wouldn't have been able to catch his scent."

Stiles nodded and looked around as the two stayed put by the door. Stiles' flashlight was shining on the floor to see staples and blood stains.

"He was here, performing very minor surgery on himself." Stiles mumbled. "You two were right."

"Then why don't we feel good about this?" Lydia asked, noticing the expression on Zoey's face.

"Probably because he was here to kill somebody." Stiles replied. "Yeah, but who?" Zoey asked.

"That's what we gotta figure out." Stiles said and stood up, walking past them to go into the classroom. "We could spread out, start looking for... Anything."

Zoey let out a sigh, walking around; along with Stiles and Lydia.

Stiles and Zoey saw Lydia walk towards the board, making Zoey realize what she saw. "Atomic numbers?" Zoey asked as she and Stiles walked behind her.

"Yeah." Lydia replied. "Is it a formula?" Stiles asked. "Not really. Nineteen's potassium. Fifty-three's iodine. Eighty-eight's radium." Lydia said. "The first two make potassium iodide..." Zoey said.

Lydia grabbed onto a piece of chalk, writing the letter K next to nineteen. "Potassium's K?"

"From kalium, the scientific neo-Latin name." Zoey said.

Lydia wrote I next to fifty-three. "What's radium?" Stiles asked.

"Ra." Lydia mumbled, writing it next to eighty-eight.

"Kira." Stiles said, all three staring at the board that says Kira.

"We have to go see Scott."

"Scott, Scott." Stiles said as they seen him passed out on the ground. "Barrow, he took Kira!" He shot up.

"We know. He was after her the whole time." Stiles said. "Call Isaac." Scott said to Zoey.

"I have to? Why can't you?" Zoey asked. "Just do it." He snapped.

Zoey sighed before pulling her phone out, dialing Isaac's number.

"Hey." Isaac said through the phone. "Anything?" Zoey asked right away.

"No, nothing. Just stuff about flies and the dead. Nothing else." Isaac replied and Zoey sighed, "Okay. Thank you, love you."

Zoey hung up after she heard Isaac say he loved her too, turning around to face her friends.

"Nothing." She shook her head.

Scott sighed, "We have to think of something. He's going to kill her."

"How did we know he was there?" Zoey asked, glancing at Lydia.

"Because you guys heard the flies, right?" Stiles asked. "What do you hear now?"

"Nothing." Zoey said. "Lydia?"

"Nothing. But I feel like I can do this." Lydia said. "But I don't know what to do. It's like it's on the tip of my tongue and I don't know how to trigger it."

"I feel the same," Zoey said. "It really just makes me want to scream."

Lydia walked away, rubbing her temples. Zoey stood behind her, frowning. "Okay then, scream. Lydia, Zoey, scream."

Before Zoey could speak, her sister started to scream. Zoey and Stiles held onto their head as Scott stood there.

Lydia looked over her shoulder, at her sister. "You can't hear it?" Lydia asked.

Zoey shook her head, sighing. "Do you think you have to scream, too?"

Zoey shrugged, closing her eyes before she let out a ear piercing scream, letting out a sigh as she stopped. "What do you guys hear now?"

Zoey and Lydia both heard the same thing, "It's the same thing as earlier, except more light like." Zoey said, looking at her sister as she turned around.

"It's electricity." Lydia corrected. "Wait a second, Barrow was an electrical engineer. He worked at a power substation." Stiles said.

Scott turned towards his best friend, "What substation?"

Stiles, Lydia and Zoey were in the jeep as Scott lead the way to the substation.

Zoey let out a sigh before closing her eyes, sitting in the backseat as they arrived at the substation.

"Okay, you two wait here, alright? Just wait for the cops to come." Stiles said as he got out of his jeep with a bat in hand; Scott running into the substation.

"Us? Wait, why?" Lydia asked. "I only got one bat and I'm assuming Scott doesn't want Zoey to get hurt," Stiles said as he nodded, looking between the sisters and running away.

Not even five minutes in, there was a big booming noise and lights flickering.

Zoey sat up straight, gasping. "I need to go help."

"Ah, no, you're staying here with me." Lydia said. "What if something bad happened?" Zoey asked.

With that said, all the lights in town went out. Zoey sighed, "Oh, hell."

very short! im sorry, had to get and episode done so I wouldn't have to combine two episodes.

anyway, happy Valentine's Day! hope you had a good one.

next chapter will be up soon bc I have it ready for ya.