21

the shugendo scroll

The next day, Zoey woke up with a pounding headache. She couldn't remember a thing. Well, parts of it she did. But the rest of it was just a blur.

Other than that, she went on with her day, did her normal routine. She was surprised she even had a normal day.

Until nighttime came around.

Zoey's phone rang on her bed as she sat there, doing homework.

She picked it up, seeing the caller I.D; Scott.

Her thumb pressed the green button, then bringing her phone up to her ear. "Hey, what's up?"

"Uh, what are you doing right now?" He asked.

"Um, homework. Why?"

"Stiles' dad is bringing him to Eichen House."

Zoey's mood instantly dropped and she stood up from her bed, "Right now? Like, right right now?"

"Yes, so get ready because I'm coming to pick you up."

With that said, Scott hung up and Zoey quickly gathered her things and put on hoodie and her thin-ish jacket over it and laced up her converse shoes.

Scott's motorcycle stopped in front the Martin residence, knowing that she probably heard him, he didn't have to go get her.

Zoey came out and ran straight to him, "Why is he checking him into that place?"

"I don't know, let's go find out."

Scott and Zoey stopped near Stilinski's car, both of them getting off. Zoey straightened her hair quickly and set the extra helmet down.

The two stepped in front of the Stilinski's, "Why didn't you tell us?" Scott asked right away.

"Because we wanted to avoid something like this." Stilinski replied before his son could.

"It's only seventy-two hours." Stiles stated.

"This is the same place where Barrow came from. The guy who had a tumor inside him filled with flies." Scott said. "And you don't know everything yet." Zoey finished, looking at Stilinski.

"I know enough. Nogitsune, Kitsunes, Oni, or whatever they're called." Stilinski protested.

"Wow, that was actually all surprisingly correct." Stiles said, nodding his head once at his father.

"Scott, Zoe, I saw an MRI that looked exactly like my wife's. And it terrifies me. I'm headed down to L.A. tomorrow to talk to a specialist." Stilinski explained.

"Then why are you putting him in here?" Zoey asked, glancing between the two.

"He's not. It was my decision."

"Stiles, we can't help you if you're in here." Scott said.

"And I can't hurt you, or Zoe. And you'd hurt me if I hurt her, so." Stiles shrugged.

Scott let out a sigh, glancing at Zoey, then continuing the conversation. "Deaton's got some ideas. Argent's calling people. We're gonna find something. And if we can't–"

"If you can't.. If you can't, then you have to do something for me, okay? The both of you," Stiles said and leaned in between Scott and Zoey. "Make sure I never get out."

Zoey's eyes widened, shaking her head. "Stiles–" she started but Scott's hand gripped hers.

Stilinski glanced at the two teens, then nodding at his son. "Come on."