17

illuminated

After the power outage happened, Zoey got a call that she missed from Allison. Allison didn't leave a message or anything, but she seen that she had a text message.

From: Allison
Something happened to Isaac, but he's ok.

When she seen, Zoey left almost fifteen text messages to Isaac. Asking if he was okay, or if he was hurt, but no text back.

And that worried her.

Zoey, Scott, Stiles, Kira and Lydia were seated in the Sheriff's office as Agent McCall, Scott's father, was asking questions.

"So when did you get there?" McCall asked, directed to Stiles. "At the same time." Stiles replied, nodding his head. "At the same time as who?" McCall asked.

"At the same time as me." Scott said, raising his hand. "By coincidence?" McCall asked.

"What do you mean coincidence?" Stiles asked. "That's what I'm asking you. The two of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?" McCall asked, clearly annoyed.

"Are you asking me?" Scott asked, looking up at his Dad. "I think he's asking me." Stiles said, looking over at his best friend.

"I think he's asking the both of you." Lydia said, glancing at the two boys. "Okay. Let me answer the questions." McCall said, but realized what he had said as the teens rose an eyebrow at him.

"Let me ask the questions." He sighed, making Stiles wink and point towards the man.

"Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town." McCall said.

"Sounds about right." Zoey nodded, as well as her sister. "How did you know he'd take her to a power station?" He asked.

"Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer." Stiles said, McCall's gaze moving towards him. "So where else would he take her?" Stiles glanced over to the left with a slight smile on his face; causing Zoey to let out a giggle.

"That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles." McCall said. "Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement."

Stilinski let out a snort as McCall looked back him, annoyed. Stilinski let out coughs, "Stiles, just uh.. Just answer the man."

Zoey shook her head as she looked over at Stiles and Scott, a small smile on her face.

"Got anything to say, Zoey?" McCall looked over at Zoey, who's sitting next to Lydia. Scott glared at his Dad for talking to her like that.

"We made a good guess." Zoey said in a sassy tone, the smile on her face washing off. "Okay. What were the two of you doing?" His gaze moved to Scott and Kira.

"Eating pizza." Scott said but Kira said something different at the same time. "Eating sushi."

They glanced at each other as a pang of jealousy hit Zoey. "Eating pizza." Kira said, "Eating sushi."