22

a trickster

Zoey was laid across her bed, taking a nap, when she heard her phone ringing next to her.

She lifted her head up to see the caller I.D; UKNOWN

Her face washed with confusion, she pressed the green button and lifted it up to her ear.

"Hello?" Zoey sleepily answered.

"Zoe? It's Derek. Uh, Allison told me to call you and gave me your number. Meet us at Allison's apartment." Derek said through the phone.

"Uh, okay, just give me fifteen." She said and got up lazily.

"I didn't wake you, did I? I'm guessing you had a nap or something,"

"Yeah, but no, you didn't wake me. Um, I'll see you in fifteen."

With that said, Zoey was the one to hang up, but before she did anything, she saved his number into her phone because that guy could be useful at times.

Zoey, Argent, Stilinski, Derek, and Allison walked into Argent's office, where a bunch of non-lethal weapons laid on his desk.

"This is everything non-lethal I could find." Allison said.

"Take all of it." Argent replied.

"What's the plan here?" Stilinski asked as he stood by Zoey and she stood by Allison.

"Our best shot for right now is for Derek to try to pick up Stiles' scent at Eichen House, possibly with the help of Zoey." Argent said. "Especially if he went through something stressful there."

"Should all five of us be going to the same place?" Stilinski asked.

"Where else has Stiles been showing up?" Argent asked.

"School," Allison said. "The hospital." Zoey chimed in.

"Okay, hold on. We did this already. He disappeared. We started looking for him. Then walked right into a trap at the hospital." Derek explained.

"He's getting us to repeat the same moves." Argent put the pieces together.

"So, what do we do?" Allison asked. "Wait for him to come to us?"

"We can't. Not if the Oni find him when the sun goes down." Derek said.

"Scott's working on them right now, with Kira." Stilinski said.

"That's the problem. We're all trying to outfox the fox."

The room fell silent as Derek and Zoey's head dropped a little.

Stilinski glanced at Derek, "Listen. I'll understand if anyone wants to back out."

Zoey glanced at Derek, and Allison glanced at her father.

"I'm not gonna be the first wolf to run from a fox, and I'm sure as hell Zoey won't be either." Derek said, grabbing a gun from the desk.

Argent held up his weapon, "Apparently I'm carrying a lightsaber."

"Dad, you and Derek hit Eichen House. Sheriff, it's you, me and Zoey in the hospital. We all meet in the school." Allison instructed.

Sheriff nodded, helping her grab everything and leaving with Stilinski and Zoey, leaving Derek and Argent alone.

Then the three made their way to the hospital in silence.

Stilinski, Zoey and Allison stood in the hospital elevator, Allison letting out a sigh.

Stilinski started shaking his head with a slight smile, "You know what, I don't know how you guys do it. You're all so strong. You're fearless. Hell, you even manage to keep your grades up."