18

silverfinger

"His eyes were glowing." Scott said.

"There was something almost ritualistic about it." Argent said as Isaac, Scott, Zoey, Allison and himself were sitting in his office as Allison was cleaning his wounds.

"Like it was looking right into his soul." Argent continued.

"That's what it did to me." Zoey said. "And me." Isaac nodded.

"That's what they did to everyone." Allison butted in. "Not everyone. They only came after the werewolves." Scott said.

"And Lydia." Zoey stated. "Anyone with a connection to the supernatural." Argent said.

"Then who was the guy they went after in Japan?" Isaac asked. "A kumicho. A yakuza boss. It was my first gun deal. I was only eighteen and it was supposed to be a simple exchange. Except Gerard left out the minor detail of the buyers being yakuza. He wanted to see if I could adapt in the moment. Testing my ability to improvise."

"Or your ability to survive." Allison suggested. Argent shook his head slightly, "The moment the sun went down it was like they just materialized out of the shadows."

Zoey frowns, listening as Argent went on. "They had swords, not curved like katanas but straight, black steel. Like ninjatos."

"What did they want?" Scott asked. "To get to the kumicho. They cut down every living thing in their way."

Zoey stared in one place before she glanced at Isaac as he spoke, "Did they mark him like they did us?"

"Not exactly." Argent said.

"What was he?" Zoey asked. "I don't know. But there might be someone who does. There were a few others who survived that night. One of them was a man named Katashi... They called him Silverfinger because of an unusual prosthetic. And it looked like he was getting ready to take them all on himself."

The four teens listened closely as they kept their eyes on Argent. "I've known for awhile Katashi was in the country. I spent yesterday tracking him down."

Argent looked at his daughter as Isaac pointed towards him, "Didn't look like he wanted to be found."

"Not particularly, no."

"You think they know what they are? Or what they want?" Scott asked as he stood up. "Maybe."

"What if he doesn't want to talk?" Allison asked. "What if he doesn't even remember you?" Isaac asked as he watched Argent stand up.

"He'll remember this." Argent said and spun around a box, towards Scott. Zoey stood up and walked to stand next to Scott.

Argent opened it to reveal a cloth like covering something. He opened it, revealing the mask they saw on the ninjas; broken into pieces.

"I know I didn't kill it. I'm not sure you can. But I slowed it down long enough for us to get out of there." Argent said as Scott picked up a peice to take a good look at it. "What was behind the mask?"

"Darkness.. Absolute darkness."

Zoey closed the front door as quietly as se could as she began to walk to her room.

Zoey walked past Lydia's room to see her sleeping. She smiled to herself as she walked in, sighing softly.

Zoey walked back out to go into her room, closing the door and changing into proper clothes.

Zoey walked in Beacon Hills High to see the twins waiting by her locker, her rolling her eyes. "Wrong locker, boys. Lydia's is farther from mine."