Chapter 13

"Alright, 17 people, I see. I expected more people, but I guess it works." The teacher said as he looked at us.

It was clear that many students were skipping out on class but he didn't seem to mind that one bit. Well, good for them I guess.

"It’s a bit sudden, but I’ll be examining your abilities after you’re done warming up. You guys will be swimming." The teacher said to us as he looked at us.

"Um sensei, I can’t swim though…" A boy said apologetically as he raised his hand up.

"As the teacher, I’ll make sure that you learn how to swim by the summer. Don’t worry." The teacher said as he looked at him.

"There’s no need to learn how to swim… We can’t go to the beach anyway." The boy said to the teacher when he heard that.

Yeah, I would be inclined to agree if it weren't for the fact I know that many such boys who drowned to their deaths due to not being able to swim. Besides, it's a pretty useful skill to have if you were to accidentally fall in water.

"That’s too bad. It doesn’t matter if you’re bad at swimming now, but I’ll make sure everyone learns. Learning how to swim will definitely be useful. I guarantee it." The teacher said as he looked at the boy.

Well, as a teacher he should already know the benefits of being able to swim so it's natural for him to say that.

Soon everyone started to do warm up exercises, I did mine slowly as I didn't find any need to go faster. I saw Ike glancing at the girls from time to time but I ignored it knowing that he will keep on doing it.

After that was done we were instructed to start the 50m swim. Those who didn't know how to swim were allowed to touch the pools bottom with their feet.

It has been sometime since I actually swam in a pool so this will be nice.

I went inside the pool and got accustomed to its temperature and then quickly finished my 50m and got out of the pool and stood near the edge as I waited for the others to finish. Ayanokoji completed his and stood beside me as the two of us watched the rest of them.

"Hehehe, a complete victory. Did you see? My super swimming!" Ike said with a smile after finishing his own.

Ike was casually swimming and had a self satisfied look as he got up. And super swimming? He wasn't even that fast to begin with.

"Anyway, it looks like mostly everyone can swim." The teacher said after he saw everyone swim.

"Sorry, Sensei. Back in middle school I was called the Flying Fish after all." Ike lied with a bright smile on his face.

You know what? I don't ever care about it. Everyone can tell that he is lying.

"I see. Then you guys can immediately start competing against each other then. 50m freestyle, separate yourselves by gender." The teacher said as a grin appeared on his face.

"C-compete!? Are you serious?" Ike asked shocked.

Heh, that's what you get for acting cocky Ike.

"I’ll give the first place winner a bonus: 5,000 points. On the other hand, last place will get supplementary lessons so prepare yourselves." The teacher said with a smile as he announced to us.

The students who were good at swimming cheered in happiness when they heard him while those of us who were worse at swimming were downtrodden and weren't as thrilled as the others.

Point's huh. That's a good deal. I have a great amount of points but another 5000 wouldn't hurt. Yes, I'm greedy. Deal with it.

"Because there aren’t too many girls, I’ll split you guys into two groups of 5 and give the fastest time the overall victory. For the boys, I’ll take the top 5 times and then hold a final round." The teacher said as he told him the arrangement.