Chapter 28

After I talked with Ayanokoji, Sudo walked inside the class sweating a bit. Most likely he had gone to play basketball to get him mind off of the things that happened. On another note, Ayanokoji should be asking him for a study session right now.

I looked at Ayanokoji as he looked at the redhead before he walked to him.

"Sudou, you free?" Ayanokoji asked as he looked at the guy.

Sudo looked at Ayanokoji as he gained his attention due to the question.

"What are you planning on doing for the midterms?" Ayanokoji asked when he saw that he has his attention.

"That, huh… I got no idea. I’ve never studied seriously before." Sudo said as he looked at him.

I'm not surprised by that considering how he is. He most likely spent the bulk of his time playing basketball and other physical stuff.

"Oh, really? I got something just right for you. I was thinking of studying after school starting from today. You wanna join?" Ayanokoji said to him with his usual blank face.

Sudo contemplated the question with his mouth slightly open. It seems that he was quite surprised by the question.

"Are you asking seriously? If school lessons are troublesome for me, I don’t think I could study after school. Also, I have club activities. It’s impossible, impossible. Are you going to be teaching? Your scores weren’t good either, you know." Sudo said as he looked at Ayanokoji.

He has 50 marks, compared to the ones you got it's very good Sudo. And considering how you are at studying I wouldn't recommend brushing this off.

"Nah, Horikita will be teaching." Ayanokoji said to him at that.

Wait for it.

"Horikita? I don’t know much about her. Sounds suspicious, so I refuse. I’ll manage by cramming before the test. You can go now." Sudo said as he squinted his eyes when he heard that as he refused.

Yeah, he's planning to tail.

Ayanokoji also realised that the guy won't hear what he wants to say so he seems to stop. Then he turned to the next guy, the one and only Ike.

"Hey Ike—" Ayanokoji started to call out to the guy.

"Pass! I overheard you talking to Sudou. Study group? Nah, not my thing." Ike said refusing him immediately.

"You know you’ll have to drop out if you fail, right?" Ayanokoji asked the guy at that.

"I did get red marks before, but now I’m better. I’ll do my best while cramming the night before with Sudo." Ike said with a shake of his head.

Yeah, he is planning to fail in the exam no doubt about that.

"If that last short test wasn’t a surprise, I would’ve gotten at least 40 points." Ike said with a confident look which only caused me to look at him with a deadpan.

Yeah right, if you actually tried to study all by yourself, you'll be expelled even before this semester ends.

"I know what you mean to say. But, there are some things that are left to chance, you know." Ayanokoji said as he tried to make him understand.

"After school is a precious time for high school students. I won’t spend my time studying." Ike said as he refused him again.

You won't be saying that when you get expelled from school.

I looked at Ayanokoji who seemed to stop, trying, but he didn't try to go after Yamauchi, though whether he didn't do it because he knew the guy wouldn't agree or because he didn't want to, that's up to him.