Chapter 18

Class had just ended as I packed my things. I looked at Kushida and gave a small nod to her as she nodded back and walked out of the classroom. I looked at Horikita who is also quickly packing her things to go back to her dorm.

"Hey Horikita, do you mind accompanying me to a cafe right now? If you are free that is." I asked her as I put the plan into motion.

"That's sudden. I do have plans. Why are you asking me to accompany you to a cafe in the first place?" Horikita asked sharply as she looked at me coldly.

"Because I want to go to the Pallet cafe. You have heard about it right?" I asked her not backing down.

Horikita seemed to think for a few seconds at my words before she looked at me again.

"Yes. It's quite a well known cafe. You want me to accompany you there?" Horikita asked me with the same face and tone.

"Yeah. It's mostly visited by girls so I want you to accompany me." I said to her.

"It's not prohibited for boys to go to the cafe is it?" Horikita said to me sharply.

"Not there is no such thing. But girls are the ones who mostly go there so it kind of makes it like it's a girls only establishment." I said to her as I had already thought about it.

"But why are you asking for me to come with you?" Horikita asked me as she turned to look at me.

"Because as I said the place feels like only girls should go there and I don't think having another boy with me would help. But if a girl were to come with me then I would feel more at ease." I said to her without taking my eyes off of her.

"Hmm, I suppose that is a reasonable request. But why are you asking me specifically, won't any other girl suffice?" Horikita asked me.

"You should already know that you're the only girl in our class that I interact with Horikita. You know that I'm a loner don't you?" I said to her bringing my loner status up.

"That is true, I can't imagine a girl from our class accompanying you. Fine, I'll accompany you this time, but only because you are the only boy I can tolerate in this class." Horikita said to me sharply.

"Thanks." I said to her while I was happy that my plan worked.

After that we went on our way to the cafe. Thankfully we didn't run into either Ichinose, Mako or Fuka on the way. If they had appeared during the time we were walking then things would've become difficult, especially if it were Ichinose or Fuka since they would most likely agree to accompany me to the cafe.

Soon we reached the cafe and it is filled with girls and I couldn't see a single boy in there. It really does feel like an only girls cafe when I looked at it.

"I can't find a single boy here. Good thing I brought you." I said to Horikita as I looked at the girls.

"Hmm, it appears your words are true. It truly does feel like it's only for girls." Horikita said as she looked around the cafe.

Well, I didn't expect her to actually agree with me on this but it is fine. Having Horikita agree with me on something is an accomplishment considering her personality.

"Though, I don't see any free seats." Horikita said as she looked around at the seats.

"Hmm, how about those two. They seemed to have finsihed with their orders." I said as I looked at a table with two girls.

"Are you sure that they will move?" Horikita asked me as I glanced at her.

"It's worth a try." I said to her as I walked to their seat.