Chapter 21

"What do you mean exactly?" Ike said confused.

"Heh. What our sensei is saying that we won't be getting any points because we're class D." Koenji said with the same arrogant smile.

I had schooled my expression as I lowered my hand and looked at the class as they were confused. They were told that they weren't given any  points but they weren't told on what criteria their points have been reduced.

"What is that supposed to mean?!" Yamauchi asked a bit frantically.

"Even after all of that you weren't able to understand it." Sae said as she looked at us.

"But sensei, you said that we would be given 100,000 points every month." Yamauchi said as he looked at her.

Is he mental? She just said that our class doesn't have any points to give.

"I don't remember hearing that. Right?" Koenji said as he looked at Sae.

"Your attitude has some problems, but what Koenji is saying is on the right track. Not many people seem to have noticed my hint. How sad." Sae said as she looked at us.

"Wh-What hint are you talking about?" One classmate asked.

The others also erupted in confusion from her words as they didn't seem to fully grasp the situation. Some like Sakura, Haruka, Horikita, Hirata didn't as they looked at the others.

Hmm. Denial of the things that are happening in front of them. A coping mechanism to help themselves.

"… Sensei, can I ask a question? I still don’t understand." Hirata said as he raised his hand.

He managed to get the class under control somewhat as the students became quiet as they looked at Hirata and then at Sae.

"Please tell me why we didn’t get any points. If that’s not possible, we can never understand. After all, we were never given information on what criteria you had reduced our points." Hirata said to her seriously.

"Like I said before, I had counted every single one of your infraction during class and due to that your points have been reduced. So while you would've gotten 100,000, all of it went down the drain due to your behaviour during class. That's all that happened." Sae said to us seriously and mechanically.

Horikita is writing on her book as I glanced at her but there wasn't much. And as for the school, my initial doubts have finally been proven right. The government never wanted self-indulging students from the start. From the very beginning, they were testing the students and Class D has failed in that regard.

Fuu~. I better keep myself under control. This feels like those mystery novels I read and this is getting me excited due to this happening in real life. Man, I'm feeling excited.

"Chabashira-sensei, I don’t remember ever hearing that explanation before…" Hirata said to her seriously.

"What? Are you people incapable of understanding without any explanations?" Sae asked exasperated when she heard him.

Not him. Hirata is smart enough, and a handful of students in the, to have harbored some doubts. The problem is that the majority are idiots. They obviously needed an even detailed explanation to make them understand and so he is trying to provide them with that.

"Naturally. There was no mention of reducing the number of points transferred to us at the beginning of each month. If it was explained before, I’m sure that we would’ve tried not to be late and not to talk during class." Hirata said to her seriously.

And there goes the argument.

"An interesting argument, Hirata. I also don’t remember explaining the rules about the points received at the beginning of each month. However, haven’t you guys learned not to talk in class and get to class on time since elementary school?" Sae asked him in return when she heard him.