Chapter 22

After Sae left the class it was chaotic due to how the students didn't have much points left and was in an uproar.

"What am I going to do without any more points…?"

"I used up the remainder of my points yesterday…"

Yep. They definitely regret their spending habits now.

"Even more than the points, this is a problem with the class… Why was I put in class D!?" Yukimura shouted in frustration.

I could see beads of sweat on his face and I can understand why. He is one of the most studious students in our class and the fact that he has gotten 90 on his test is a testament of that. He knows that he is quite superior in that regard and so isn't happy with his placement.

"Wait, does that mean we won’t be able to go to a college we want to go to? Then why did I come to this school in this first place? I wonder if Sae-chan-sensei hates me…" Ike said frustrated and scared.

It's not the end idiot. This is only the first month. Our highschool is three years, which means we have enough time to get better. Of course, it looks like these guys can't understand that due to their panic.

"I understand that everyone is panicking right now, but calm down." Hirata said starting to get control of the class.

"How can we calm down in this situation? Are you not frustrated that we are the class of leftovers!?" Yukimura asked as he glared at Hirata.

"Even if I say I am, isn’t it better to work together to get out of this situation?" Hirata said trying to placate him.

"Get out of this situation? In the first place, I don’t even agree with this hierarchy of classes!" Yukimura shouted in anger.

"I completely understand your feelings. However, there’s no use in sitting here and complaining about it." Hirata said trying to pacify him, which is evidently failing.

"What!?" Yukimura said angrily as he grabbed Hirata's collar.

I kind of expected that. While it isn't at the level of Horikita, Yukimura does possess some feelings of superiority due to his studies.

"Calm down, you two. Ok? Surely, Sensei must have explained it to us sternly in order to cheer us up, right?" Kushida said as she went to break the fight.

She grabbed ahold of Yukimura's balled fist while separating the two boys. He of course didn't try to hurt her and took a step back.

"Also, it’s only been a month since school started. As Hirata-kun said, I think that it’s better for all of us to persevere through this situation. Do you think I’m wrong?" Kushida asked him as she looked at Yukimura.

"N-no, that's… Certainly, I don’t think what Kushida said is wrong, but…" Yukimura stuttered when he was asked that.

His anger was slowly dissipating while Kushida looked at the rest of the class sincerely, honestly wishing for everyone's cooperation. And from the looks on the students, I think it is working.

"T-that’s right. We shouldn’t be impatient. There’s no need for Yukimura-kun and Hirata-kun to fight." Kushida said as she looked at the two boys.

"… My bad. I lost my composure for a bit there." Yukimura apologized as he regained his composure.

"It’s fine. I should’ve chosen my words more carefully as well." Hirata apologized as well.

The atmosphere calmed down a bit thanks to Kushida's words.

"What are you doing?" Horikita's voice drew my attention as I looked at her.