Chapter 1 - A new beginning!

It's a beautiful day outside at the Showgrounds, everyone is doing their usual stuff. Smg3 is patting his Eggdog while streaming on his computer.

Smg3's mind : If only we had a roof and room to afford it, that would be nice.

Meggy is training with Mario for a splatfest on the other side of the showgrounds. Mario is running away from Meggy while making a lot of noises. Mario runs near Smg3 and hides behind him while being lost in the moment of training. Meggy throws a splat bomb near Smg3. As soon as she notices her mistake, she apologizes.

Meggy: Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry Smg3! Are you ok!?

As he was covered in orange ink and looked disappointed, he looked at the two of them and tried to clean himself up by shaking it off.

Smg3 : Will you please tell me WHY you are training so close to my stream time!? You almost hurt Eggdog for crying out loud!

He checks on Eggdog for any damage to the poor dog. The dog barked and cleaned himself up. Meggy looked embarrassed.

Meggy : Sorry about that! I guess I got a bit caught up in it that I didn't realize the time or how close we had gotten to you!

Smg3 : Whatever, just be more careful!

He sighs heavily as he turns off his stream and tries to wipe off the orange ink. She looks over at Mario.

Meggy : Ok Red we should go somewhere else to train!

Mario looks at Meggy in terror and runs away while screaming. He runs into the nearby trash can then fall over while trash is dumped everywhere. A piece of paper falls near Meggy; she picks it up and looks at it.

Meggy : Hey Smg3 look at this! It looks like some kind of treasure map!

He finishes cleaning himself up while hearing Meggy say "treasure map."

Smg3: A treasure map? From the dump?

Smg3 notices the treasure map on Meggy's hand as he grabs it and inspects for more details.

Meggy: What do you think it will lead to?

Smg3: I don't know but this is too sus that there's a random treasure map in the dump. And by inspecting closer, it looks fake! Looks like a kid drew this!

He looks unimpressed and then throws the treasure map behind him like he doesn't care. Eggdog notices the paper and catches it with his mouth happily. She looked over at him in shock.

Meggy: What!? It could still lead to something cool! Just because it was in the trash doesn't mean it's fake! Come on, it could be a fun adventure!

Eggdog handles the treasure map to Meggy happily.

Smg3: Lemme guess, you want to go with me? What about your best friend Mario? Or Smg4?

He crosses his arms as he notices Eggdog caught the map. Meggy takes the map and gives the Eggdog a pat.

Meggy: Yeah! Smg4 is busy and Mario is currently running away!

She points at Mario, who is far away now and still screaming like an idiot.

Meggy: And besides, we're friends too and it would be fun!

Eggdog barks happily and rolls around like a happy egg. Smg3 looks at Mario's stupidity then sighs.

Smg3: Ugh fine! But I need someone to babysit Eggdog! I don't want to sacrifice him like I did to...Terrance....

He looks down and frowns as he tries not to remember the past arc. Meggy thinks for a minute and then comes up with an idea.

Meggy: Luigi might be able to babysit Eggdog.

Smg3: Luigi? I mean, he's alright but I'm afraid Mario will kick Eggdog like a football!

He sounds annoyed as he's thinking of a solution.

Smg3: I guess Smg4 can babysit him since we're both meme guardians..

Meggy: Yeah, that would work! The last time I saw him was in his RV working on stuff.

Smg3: Of course he is.

He rolls his eyes as he picks Eggdog up.

Smg3: Be a good boy while your papa is gone! I'll give you a lot of treats when I'm back!

Eggdog barks happily as he licks his face with such cuteness. Meggy looks at Smg3 excitedly.

Meggy: Alright! Now let's look at the map and see where we're going!

Smg3: But first!

He smirks as he walks to Smg4's RV, places Eggdog on the front door, writes a note, places the paper in front of Eggdog, knocks on the door and runs quickly with an evil laugh.

Smg3: Alright so we're here.

He joins her and looks at the map closely. Meggy looks at it closely to try to figure out where it leads.

Meggy: If I'm reading this right, it looks like it's in the direction of the old castle but a good way to the left of it.

Smg3: Oh great, a castle. I hope we won't rescue a dumb princess there!

He said it with a sassy tone as he rolled the treasure map and put it in his overalls pocket.

Smg3: It's now or never squid. Let's go..

Meggy excitedly walks with Smg3 as they leave the showground in the direction that the map pointed in.

Meggy: Yeah! Let's go, this is going to be a fun adventure!

He walks along with Meggy then chuckles.

Smg3: I bet this adventure with me will be way better than your loser friends of yours!

Meggy looked at Smg3 with little annoyance.

Meggy: Hey they're not losers, they're cool, and you're too!