Chapter 16 - SMG4's worst fear

Smg4: Did you say horror movie? You know I don't like spooky stuff!

Mario: Come on Smg4! It won't be that scaryyyy-

Mario sits down next to Meggy while waiting for the popcorn to arrive. Smg4 shakes a bit and looks nervous.

Meggy: Don't worry Smg4! It's only a movie and you're with us so there's nothing to be afraid of!

She says with a confident and supportive tone.

Mario: Plus you got your protector from scary things!

Mario winks at Smg4 and points to Smg3.

Smg4: Nah I bet he will make fun of me..

Meggy: He might be a little but after everything today, I'm sure he'll be there for you if you need him! And you got us as well!

Smg4: Thanks Meggy, I hope you're right.

Smg4 smiles a little then Smg3 gives everyone their own popcorn while sitting down next to Smg4.

Smg3: Sup scrub, ready for the movie? I got popcorn and blanket for us.

Smg3 smiles as Smg4 blushes a bit. Mario looks at Meggy.

Mario: Mario bet it's gonna be based on a true story oOOooh-

She looks over at Mario.

Meggy: And it takes place in a spooky forest!

She says while speaking in a spooky voice and making spooky hand gestures. Mario giggles and does the same thing while Smg4 looks traumatized. Smg3 hits play on the TV then notices Smg4's shakiness.

Smg3: Dude it's just a movie. Relax man.

She gives Smg4 a comforting smile then looks back at the TV and starts to eat her popcorn. The movie starts as everyone is focusing on the screen except that Smg4 is overthinking and tries to relax. Smg3 notices his partner tenses up as he wraps the blanket around themselves. She glances over at Smg3 and Smg4 as she giggles quietly to herself and looks back at the movie. Mario is too busy eating popcorn. Smg4 notices the blanket wrapped around them and he starts to relax by cuddling Smg3. Smg3 pats his head for comfort while watching the movie. Meggy relaxes and continues to eat her popcorn. After a few hours, the movie ends. Mario claps his hands happily as it was the best movie ever. Smg3 looks at Mario.

Smg3: Who clapped at the end of a horror movie?

Mario: Mario do! It was a great one! What do you think Meggy?

Meggy: It was great!

She says excitedly then looks over at Smg4.

Meggy: Did you like the movie Smg4?

Smg4 didn't say anything as he buried his face on Smg3's chest and held him close.

Smg3: I think he likes it. He's too shy to admit it.

Smg3 giggles as he takes off Smg4's hat and pets Smg4's head to calm him down.

She looks at the cute couple.

Meggy: That's good, I'm glad he liked it!

Mario looks at the time then at Meggy.

Mario: Now what? Mario isn't tired! Mario wants to play more!

Mario gets up and looks at the room closed. He looks at Meggy with a big smile on his face.

Mario: Meggy, should we tell them?

Mario whispers to her. She looks at Mario and smiles.

Meggy: Yeah we can tell them. You want to do the honors of telling them?

She whispers back to him. Mario gives Meggy a thumbs up then looks at the boys.

Mario: Gentlemen, behind the closed door, there will be magic! If you want to find out for yourself, go for it!

Smg3 looks at the closed door room then at Mario.

Smg3: Are you two up to something again?

Eggdog wakes up from his slumber as the egg stretches and looks at everyone. Smg4 feels more relaxed with the head massage from Smg3. She gets up and walks towards where Mario is.

Meggy: No we're not up to anything. Mario found a really neat room that he really wants the two of you to see. You'll like it a lot!

Smg3: I see, we'll check it out later. I think Smg4 needs to settle down from the movie.

He chuckles. Meggy looks over at Mario unsure on how to continue convincing to go into the room.

Meggy: What now Mario? Do we keep trying or wait a bit?

She whispers to him. Mario thinks for a second as he looks at the boys then Meggy.

Mario: How about we play with Eggdog for a bit? Then we can make a plan hehe..

Meggy: Alright that sounds like a good idea!

She walks over to Eggdog and starts to pet him.

Meggy: Hi Eggdog! Do you have a good nap while we're watching the movie? Are you ready to play some more?

Eggdog barks and enjoys the pets. The egg picks up the ball and looks at the balcony door. Mario opens the balcony door and turns on the lights so they can see. Eggdog goes outside and waits for them to join him. She goes out on the balcony and gives Eggdog a pat then picks up the ball and throws it. Eggdog chases the ball happily while Mario is thinking a lot for a plan.

Mario: Do you have a plan, Meggy?

She thinks for a minute.

Meggy: When they get tired, we could try to convince them that it would be the best room for them for the night!

Mario: Yeah but you know Smg3, he's a smart boyo. Smg4 will follow him along.

She thinks for a bit more.

Meggy: Yeah... hmm... We could tell them that we secretly made a special surprise to celebrate their new relationship there, back when we first were exploring the treehouse.

Mario makes happy noises and nods.

Mario: Sounds like a good idea!!

Meggy: Alright cool! So when are we going to do our plan?

Mario: Very soon, let's wait until Smg4 is feeling better!

Eggdog comes back with the ball and barks happily.

Meggy: Alright that sounds good!

She looks at Eggdog and gives him a pat.

Meggy: Good boy!

She takes the ball and throws it again. Eggdog chases the ball once again, catches the ball then comes back looking tired. Mario looks out the window and sees Smg4 and Smg3 cleans the living room from the popcorn mess.

Mario: We should go now before it's too late! You can do the talking since Smg3 didn't buy mine.