Chapter 6 - Back to the Showgrounds?

Smg3 lets him go from the hug and looks confused as well.

Smg3: Why are you wearing a white dress?

Smg4 looks nervous while pressing his two indexes together.

Smg4: Well remember that I called and texted you guys? Mario and I made a bet and I lost soooo I ended up in a dress and Mario dropped me to the castle while I was sleeping.

Smg3: Woooow but wait a minute, if you were in the castle then, WHO TOOK CARE OF MY EGGDOG!?!?

Meggy: Yeah who did take care of Eggdog!?!?

She looks around the RV to see if the Eggdog is still around there. Eggdog lays happily on the bed until he notices Meggy and barks cutely. Smg3 enters the RV and smiles happily while picking up Eggdog with a big hug.

Smg3: I'm so glad you are safe buddy! Smg4 was a bad babysitter was he?

The egg barks and licks Smg3's cheek happily. Meggy gives a sigh of relief that Eggdog is ok.

Meggy: Thank goodness Eggdog is ok. Hey Smg3, thanks for going on that adventure with me! That was fun, it was cool to get to hang out with you, we should do that again some time!

Smg3: You know what? Our adventure wasn't not that bad. At first I didn't like the treasure hunt nor you but I guess we learned something about each other in a long way so....thank you.

He places Eggdog down as the doggo does a cute happy dance.

Smg3: For a squid girl, you're badass as hell!

Meggy: Aww you're welcome and thanks! You're cool too!

She gives him a thumbs up. Smg4 enters the RV and asks them to leave so he can change back. Smg3 gets out and stretches while Eggdog runs around like a happy puppy. He thinks for a moment and looks at Meggy.

Smg3: So what are you doing now? Still down for the treasure hunt?

Her eyes shine with excitement.

Meggy: I have no other plans, so yeah I'm down!

Smg3 opens the RV's door, throws Eggdog to Smg4 while telling him to stay and actually take care of the egg. Smg4 promised this time as Smg3 leaves the RV and smirks.

Smg3: Still got the map Meggy?

Meggy checks her pockets and finds the map.

Meggy: Yep, got it right here!

He looked at the map while pointing the directions.

Smg3: So we visited the cave, the log cabin and the castle. If I'm correct, we must cross this river to get to the fairy garden. And this time, I told Smg4 to ACTUALLY stay and watch Eggdog so no more rescue missions!

He huffs annoyingly while crossing his arms.

Meggy: Right, we don't need to do that again.

They start to make their way back to the castle.

Meggy: So all we have left to do is cross a river? After everything we've been through, this will be easy!

She says confidently. He looks at the ruined castle in the background and yawns.

Smg3: Yeah easy, I'm exhausted from carrying Smg4's ass. Should we rest first? Maybe we can go back to the cabin and get some sleep.

Meggy: We should get some rest. I'm pretty tired from fighting that dragon.

She says with a yawn. They make their way back to the cabin. He enters the cabin, heads to his room and lays down on the bed.

Smg3: Night squid.

He takes off his hat, places it on the nightstand and falls asleep. She follows him into the cabin then heads to her bedroom.

Meggy: Night Smg3.

She lays down and falls asleep.