Chapter 4 - Unexpected visitors

He puts his brave face on and continues their journey to the castle. While enjoying the peaceful weather of light raindrops, Smg3 was thinking about his Eggdog, how he missed him and wanted to give the egg the biggest hug ever. He lets it slide for a moment and keeps walking until he hears a noise from somewhere. He stops and looks at Meggy.

Smg3: Did you hear that?

He whispers. She stops as well and looks at him.

Meggy: Yeah, I heard that too. I think it came from somewhere to the right of us. What do you think it is?

She whispers back.

Smg3: I don't know but I don't like the sound of it.

He whispers back again as he looks behind him. There was nothing but the sound of raindrops hitting their umbrellas.

Smg3: Maybe I'm being paranoid for nothing. Let's continue-

Before Smg3 takes his step, something comes out of the bush quickly and jumps in front of them. He was about to scream until he saw that it was only a rabbit. Meggy sees the rabbit and giggles.

Meggy: Awww it's just a cute little rabbit. There's nothing to be afraid of Three!

Meggy kneels down near the rabbit and starts to talk to it.

Meggy: Hey little guy! Was that you that made that noise?

Smg3: Me? Afraid of a rabbit? Pfft yeah right!

The rabbit looks at them cutely until they turn and run away. Smg3 watches the rabbit go and sighs.

Smg3: Let's keep going before I lose my sanity just like what Smg4 did...

Meggy: Yeah we don't want a repeat of that again..

They continue down the path until they get to the castle, Meggy is about to pull out the map when Smg3 stops her and looks at her with a death glance like he had enough of the sudden touch behind him.

Smg3: Stop touching my bottom ya squid! Ask next time for the love of God!

Smg3 takes out the map from his back pocket then hands it to Meggy so she can examine it. Meggy smiles and apologizes about it then looks at the map.

Meggy: Ok we're here, it looks like the treasure should be over to the left of the castle.

She looks over in that direction and points.

Meggy: I think it should be over there in the castle garden.

Smg3 looks at the castle with full details.

Smg3: Is it me or does the castle look familiar? But only darker.

He's in a train of thoughts until the ground shakes and hears a cry for help from the top of the castle. Smg3 wasn't impressed and took a deep breath.

Smg3: I knew there's a dumb princess waiting for us to rescue her and I bet it's a dragon that guards the castle!

He said with full sarcasm as he entered the castle. Meggy looks at the castle closer as she follows him.

Meggy: Yeah you're right, it does look familiar! but where does it remind me of?

Meggy is lost in thought while she keeps following Smg3 and only paying half attention to where she's going. Smg3 examines inside the castle, a lot of paintings and sculptures ruined. No living lives in the castle. He stops and hears a giant dragon scream.

Smg3: I'm not ready to kick a dragon's ass! But we need a plan fast!

He looks at Meggy and places his hands on her shoulders.

Smg3: Meggy listen to me, forget about the treasure. How about you kill the dragon while I'll save the dumbass princess? Sounds good?

He smiles nervously as he tries not to panic.

Meggy: Yeah! Sounds good! Fighting a dragon sounds much more fun than getting some treasure anyway!

She says excitedly and starts to run off in the direction of the noise. She stops for a second and throws one of her extra splattershot guns at him.

Meggy: Take my extra one in case you run into some danger on the way to the princess!

She continues to run towards the noise. He takes the extra splattershot and smiles genuinely.

Smg3: Good luck partner! Ya gonna need it!

Meggy: Thanks, same goes with you, partner!

Smg3 starts climbing up the stairs to find the princess.