~Chapter one~

TW:-
This idea came from deathandwriting, thank you for this!!

Y/n POV:
"What does it feel like?" i asked the Avengers as I stood on the edge of the building, "What does what feel like?" they looked at me confused, and I felt the little smile form on my lips. "To lose." i smirked under my mask and pushed a button on my bracelet before I extended my wrist and shot a grenade their way. I winked and waved at their bewildered faces before letting my body fall backward and off the buildings roof. About halfway down, I turned my body and let the wings I built spread out under my arms and flew to the next safe place where no one would see me.

"Damn, that was close." i mumbled to myself and I landed safely on the ground.

Nat POV:
We were so close to finally capturing this new villain. They call themself the deadly whisper, or well, the news gave them the name, and this person obviously liked it. Most of their victims didn't survive an attack from them, but the few who did reported that they heard like someone whispering their name and some other creepy shit a few moments before they got attacked. I just can't wrap my mind around how the whole avengers team can't capture them, this masked person always somehow manages to trick us and flee.

A few seconds ago, they threw something like a grenade at us and jumped off the building. I was the first person to run after them, but as I leaned over the edge to see where they're at, they were already gone. "What the fuck was that?!" tony exclaimed and rogers didn't waste a second to speak up, "Language, Stark!"

"Oh come on steve as if my language would be our biggest problem when there's a fucking maniac out there slicing up people!" tony argued and I just nodded my head for a second silently approving. "Fine, nevermind. Let's go back and find a better plan to catch them." Steve ordered and we made our way back to the jet.

Sitting in the jet I couldn't help but let my mind wander. The style of fighting and their tactic was something that felt familiar. I just couldn't quite figure out why. "Hey, you okay?" I heard a voice beside me and when I turned my head I saw Wanda sitting beside me, "you've been staring into nothing for like ten minutes. What's wrong?", "Oh it's fine, it's just kind of frustating not being able to finally catch this 'deadly whisper'" i explained with a short laugh at the end and wanda chuckled nodding her head. "Yeah that's for sure. They're so fast and strong but still, we're a whole team..." she trailed off as her face scrunched up in thought, "They're smart, like really smart." i grumbled and Wanda hummed.

Arrived at the compound Wanda and I walked out of the jet side by side and made our way inside. "Romanoff! Maximoff!" we heard behind us and stopped in our tracks, turning around. "In one hour in the meeting room." Steve instructed and both wanda and I gave him a quick nod before turning around rolling our eyes. "See you later Nat," wanda smiled at me and gave me a short wave before our ways parted and we went into our seperated rooms. In my room i got rid of my mission suit and threw it onto my bed before I walked into the bathroom attached to my bedroom. I got out of my underwear and stepped under the hot water, sighing in relief as the hot water ran down my body and relieved my aching muscles.

When I was done I got out of the shower and dried myself up, groaning as I realized that i forgot to bring any clothes. I wrapped the towel around my body and walked into my bedroom to grab some sweats and an oversized shirt, i put them on and tossed the towel on the bed before letting my damp hair fall down my shoulder. I was just about to clean my mission suit when I heard a voice, "Natalia. Alianovna. Romanova." I heard someone whisper but I was pretty sure it was just my mind playing some tricks on me after this long day. "Black Widow in the red room. KGB assassin. And now, Avenger. Your ledger must be drippin red." I heard the voice chuckle and knew, that it wasn't my mind playing tricks.

This is the first chapter for this enemies to lovers story. It's like a teaser and I hope you like it cause I kind of do haha, please let me know what you think so far, stay safe friends<3
03/08/23
773 words