~Chapter sixteen~

TW: -

Narration POV:
Frightened but curious, y/n made her way towards her bedroom. "Where are you going?" Natasha sighed but got no response. Y/n had a gut feeling, so she had to check if she was right. Ignoring the pain in her body, she walked through the destroyed hallway, her steps becoming faster with every step she took.

With both hands against the doorframe, she looked into the room and saw someone standing with their back to her. "Maya?" she breathed heavily. At first, the person didn't move a centimeter. "Who's this?" Wanda asked to no one in particular, both Nat and wanda now standing behind y/n in the doorframe.

Slowly, the person turned around, and the first thing y/n noticed was the outfit that was so much alike hers, especially with the mask. Y/n started making her way into the room, her step slow. "Wanna deceive me again? Sis?" the masked person spoke, venom lacing their voice as they spoke with so much hatred. Y/n started feeling the tears well up in her eyes as she looked at this masked person, but something was off. Y/n saw the logo of none other than hydra on the persons suit and before she could react, a hand wrapped around her throat and slammed her against the wall with so much force, it kicked the air out of her lungs. Natasha and Wanda tried to interwine but stopped in their tracks, seeing how this new person held a katana to y/ns throat. "I wouldn't try that witchy." the masked person once again spoke, turning their head to glare at Wanda. "Did you just read my mind?" wanda mumbled, making the intruder chuckle.

Y/n felt as the hand on her throat gripped thighter, stopping almost all the oxygen to reach her lungs. It was then when y/n realized, her sister couldn't be that strong, something was not right and if it had to do with hydra she had already something in mind. Y/n tried punching her sister in the arm so the grip would become loose, but cried out in pain instead as her fist collided with something hard. As if she was hitting on a stone or titan or something like that. Once again, her sister chuckled, "You think you can hurt me? After what happened? After the red room almost killed me because of you? After Hydra saved me and had to replace half my body with vibranium?"

Wanda and Natasha looked at each other, shocked. Hydra made y/ns sister some kind of supersoldier like bucky?

"I could kill you right now if i wanted to!" maya spat through the mask towards her sister. "Then do it." y/n choked out, her voice breaking at she looked into the eyes of her younger sister. The eyes that were so full of love once. The eyes that used to look up to her sister were now cold. Chuckling, maya shook her head. "You're not my mission. But you can be sure that I will come back for you." she gritted out before releasing y/n from her tight grip. Holding her throat, y/n fell to the ground, coughing as she watched her sisters' every movement. Wanda wasted no time in rushing over to help y/n up as Nat ran after maya but stopped in her tracks as maya jumped out of the broken window.

"Are you okay?" natasha asked, turning around from the window. Nodding, y/n stood up.

°

°

°

°

°

°

"Are you sure it was her?" tony asked y/n as they were all in the quinjet on their way to a safe house. Fearing that the building was going to completely collapse, everyone grabbed their dearest things and a few clothes, and they all got into the quinjet.

"Tony, you asked me like twenty times now. That was my sister there. It was also surely her who blew up half of the compound."

"I found her." clint announced, turning around the computer. "I hacked into hydras documents. They made your sister 'the bloody soldier' apparently an upgrade to bucky." clint explained further, making everyone look over to bucky who had a scowl on his face. "What do you mean by 'upgrade' ?" wanda asked, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "With upgrade, I mean faster, more ruthless and even more dangerous. Based on their record, their ledger is dripping red. I don't even know if we could break through the brainwashing."

Sitting in on a chair beside wanda, y/n put her head in her hands with her face down, trying not to let any tears spill. But wanda was able feel what y/n felt in that moment and all she wanted to do was hug her but she didn't want the other to ask questions and she knew y/n didn't want it either.

I know it's short and not the best but I started school today and wanted to post something. Stay safe, friends<3
11/09/23
816 words