~Chapter five~

TW: None, I think, correct me if I'm wrong

Narration POV:
"W-what did you just say?" Nat asked in shock, "Who taught you that?" the readhead asked again, walking closer to the glass. "That's none of your fucking business Romanoff!" y/n snapped and for the first time Nat saw some kind of fear in the assassins eyes. Knowing that she found something, she smirked, "You're scared." Natasha gasped in victory and y/n's face shifted uncomfortable, "And who should I be scared of?" y/n asked once again with her attitude but Nat knew she only had to say one sentence and the mask fell. "Dreykov coming back for you." y/n clenched her jaw, trying not to look scared but failed miserably.

"He's been gone for years. Dreykov's dead. I killed him." Nat spoke convinced, "You don't actually believe that, do you?" y/n asked, shaking her head, but Nat just looked at her, "Omg you really do believe that!" y/n realized and Nat decided to usher Tony and Wanda out, "Are you sure?" Wanda asked and the readhead nodded. After both were out and the door closed, Nat went over to a table with many buttons and switches and turned off the cameras along with the sound. "Speak." Natasha demanded, and Y/n tilted her head, "What do I have from that?", "This is no fucking game! I was sure I killed dreykov, his daughter was..." Nat trailed off and y/n scoffed, "She was your means to be safe." y/n stated and Nat slowly looked up at her. "Where is he now?", "I don't know."

"WHERE IS HE?!" Natasha snapped losing patience. "I DON'T KNOW OKAY? I escaped him a few weeks ago." y/n grumbled and Nat sighed, "But I'm also trying to find him." y/n added and Natasha looked at her once again, "And why is that?", "He still has my sister. The last time I saw her was when we tried to escape together but she got captured before she could get out and told me to go, but to come back for her." y/n explained and Nat couldn't help but think of her own sister. "And why were you going around slicing up people the past few weeks?" Natasha continued the interorgation and y/n went back to her attitude.

"I was trying to find him. The people I killed were people who worked with him or knew him or do some similar stuff. So I had to get rid of them." y/n shrugged looking away from the redhead, "That does not mean that you can go around killing people!", "Oh but you can?!" y/n hissed back at the readhead, making her go quiet. Deciding that it was enough, the former assassin stood up - turned back on the cameras and walked out, slamming the door making y/n flinch in the process.

°

°

°

°

°

°

A few days have gone by and y/n still sat in the cell she was put in, Natasha didn't come back to visit her which made the assassin a bit sad. She felt like the readhead could understand her but that obviously wasn't the case. Most of the time y/n was alone. The few times when someone came in was only when they brought her food but even then they didn't speak to her. She truly felt like a prisonor.

Sitting alone in her cell with nothing to do she felt worse from day to day, thinking that she will be in there for the rest of her days started to scare her, being without her little sister and without any social contacts at all. They already lost their parents when the red room took them away from them. Y/n tried searching for them in the past few weeks she was out, only to discover two gravestones with her parents' names on them, so she swore revenge. To kill everyone working for the red room and did this to her and her sister.

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

A few more days had passed and while y/n was sleeping in her cell, Nat and Wanda along with yelena now, made a plan. "Wanda you have to try looking into her head. We know she was a widow but what we don't know is who she works for now. If there was y/n who is working for this other person then there might be more." Nat explained, Wanda was hesitant at first but agreed with the readhead so they made their way downstairs to the cell. They quietly opened the door and walked in front of the glass. "She's sleeping so this should be easy for you," Nat whispered but Wanda still looked hesitant, "I don't know if this is a good idea..." she whispered back but Nat argued that they had to know who y/n's boss was. Eventually, Wanda gave in and started to enter y/n's mind. After seeing a few things, Wanda started to struggle and suddenly she shrieked away, holding her head in pain.

Yelena and Nat rushed to wanda seeing this, "What was that?" yelena asked and Wanda shook her head, "I don't know, something like a barrier that made me stop everything." Wanda mumbled still in pain. "I have a strong mind you know." they heard a voice behind them and when they turned around y/n stood at the glass staring down at them. "It's rude to just enter someone's mind, witchy." y/n spat and Nat got up to stand in front of her. "The red room is gone." the readhead said and y/n shook her head laughing, "You're still believing this shit?" she laughed but immediately stopped when yelena came into view from behind her sister. "Belova." y/n said keeping a straight face.

"Where is my sister? Where is Maya?" y/n asked once she realized they speak the truth. "She's dead y/n. They killed her the day you both tried to escape." natasha spoke trying to keep a straight face when she saw the look in y/n's eyes, practically seeing her heart break into a million pieces but also y/n managed to keep a straight face. "You're lying." she spoke, her voice sounding like it's about to break. Shaking her head, yelena interrupted, "No, she's telling the truth." yelena confirmed and y/n started glaring at them, "Get out." she demanded but Natasha argued, "No I want answers, who are you wor-", "GET THE FUCK OUT!" y/n yelled at them and after a moment, they helped Wanda up and walked out of the room, leaving y/n behind, alone and now broken.

Natasha watched from the cams how y/n stood there in the cell for a few moments before she walked over to the wall and sat on the ground burrying her head in her knees. "Turn that off." the redhead ordered an agent who immediatly did what she said.

Here is part 5 guys, I hope you like it. Tell me what you
think and if you have any suggestions for the story to continue, I have ideas but I could still bring a few of yours in if you'd like. Stay safe friends<3
06/08/23
1164 words