~Chapter eight~

TW:-

Y/n POV:
Hearing the sound of someone hammering against the door, I opened my eyes and found myself still in buckys bed. "What time is it?" I heard him mumble from beside me and looked over to his little alarmclock on his nightstand. "Uh- a little past eight- I'T'S PAST EIGHT FUCK" i shrieked as I jumped up from the bed. "I had to be in the training room at 7am." i sighed when bucky gave a confused look which was soon replaced by his mouth forming into an 'o' shape. "Well I guess you're fucked then," he shrugged and i gave him a look before I rolled my eyes and walked to the door.

Opening the door I saw Steve standing in front of me who seemingly wanted to start knocking again. "Y/n. What are you doing here?! Everyone was searching for you! You didn't come to training and you were certainly not in your room." he scolded and I looked down in shame. "I know. I'm sorry. I just wanted to get something to eat last night and heard him having a nightmare so I-", "I don't care what you wanted! Go get ready. I see you in the training room in 5, understood?" he spoke and I nodded quickly making my way to my room.

°

°

°

°

°

"You're late again!" i heard Steve's voice as I walked into the training room, "I'm sorry I couldn't find the way." I excused and he sighed, "You could've just asked JARVIS, but whatever. Let's start with the warm-up." he instructed and I nodded quickly before going on the treatmill with him.

Half an hour later Steve was done with his warm-up but I was done in general. "Okay now weights." he said before jogging over to the them, we did a few curls and bench presses before he instructed to go sparring. Breathing heavily, I followed him and got through under the ropes. We both got into stances and nodded at each other signaling that we're ready.

Immediately he went to punch me but I managed to dodge it and kick him in the stomach, making him groan but quickly recover. I was able to dodge the next few punches and kicks from him before I saw that he started getting frustrated, and in a matter of seconds my back hit the mat with a loud thud. I rolled over on my stomach and jumped up attacking him again. I threw a punch which he managed to catch. He twisted my whole arm making me lose balance and fall again.

Being on the ground I took the opportunity and used my free hand to punch him into the back of his knee which resulted in his knee giving up and he falling over. As his grip on my arm losened, I pulled it out and jumped up to my feet, smirking proudly.

Suddenly I saw the rage in his eyes and before I could even react, he got to his feet and pushed me with such a force that I lost my balance and fell on my back. The force of the push kicking all the air out of my lungs, making me gasp which made everyones head shoot over to us. Coughing I felt Wanda suddenly beside me helping me up, "What's wrong Steve? Can't take that she deafeated you?" Tony smirked but steve just glared at him before he stormed out.

"Let's go." Wanda said before she walked out with me. "What just happened in there?" she asked on the way to our floor but I just shrugged, still surprised by his outburst. We said our goodbye and went both into our room. As soon as I was in my room I walked to the bathroom. I took off my sports clothes and got into the shower, feeling the hot water run down my sore body, which made me sigh in comfort. I finished washing my hair and body and got out of the shower, drying my body with a fluffy towel before wrapping it around my body. Then I heard a knock on my door.

With the towel wrapped around my body I made my way to the door and opened it. "Hey," he said as soon as he saw me, "Hello james." i spoke and opened the door more so he could get it. Closing the door after him he came in and sat on my bed as I disappeared in the bathroom to get on some clothes. "I heard what happened at training, are you okay?" he asked when I walked out of the bathroom and I shrugged, "I'm fine. I survived worse." I chuckled lightly and he smiled looking down at his hands. "I just came to check on you and thank you for last night." he confessed and I looked at him for a moment thinking of what to say. "Yeah, that's-that's no problem. I get them too so I kind of know how to help others with them." I explained, taking a seat on the chair at my desk.

He nodded, wanting to say something but not knowing how to say it so it was quiet for a moment before he spoke up. "And I'm sorry for...how I was...to you." he spoke slowly, not looking up at me until the last part of his sentence. I waved my hand in dismiss and smiled, "Oh it's fine, I wasn't too nice either." I responded and he laughed a bit shaking his head.

"So...we're good?" he asked after a while and I nodded with a genuine smile, "Yeah, we're good."

Standing up from the bed he walked over to the door, but turned around to me before he opened it, "I better get going, talk to steve and stuff." he added making me nod once more, "Okay I see you around then," I replied and he gave me a small smile before opening the door and walking out, closing it behind him.

°

°

°

°

°

°

Sitting on the couch in the living room I was eating some lunch I made and read a book that Wanda recommended. I was just taking a spone full of my pasta when Nat walked in, "That smells good. What are you eating?" she asked and I held the plate with paste up. "Just some pasta I made, I made enough for everyone if you want? The rest is in the fridge." I explained and she looked at me skeptical. "Is this a trap? Some plan of yours?" she squinted her eyes at me and I chuckled, "What? What are you talking about?" I asked but she just glared at me so I decided to mess with her a bit, I started smirking as I set the plate down and looked back up at the spy.

"And what if it is? What if I'm just waiting for the right moment to attack?" i smirked and in a matter of seconds she pulled out a knife from her boot and held it to my throat, "Kinky." i remarked making her glare stronger.

"You think this is some fucking game?!" she hissed and I shrugged smiling. "Relax Romanoff, I was joking. It's just food." I explained and she waited a moment before she pulled away, "I'm not hungry." she mumbled and walked away leaving me behind. "Well then, more pasta for me."

Here is the next part. I hope you like it so far? I will try updating as much as I can, but to be honest, my motivation is not the biggest rn. Stay safe, friends <3
10/08/23
1235 words