~Chapter twenty-four~

TW: (overall very sad, I'm sorry. No i'm not)

Y/n POV:
"That's why I'm doing it myself." i said, my voice breaking as I did. I held the gun up high, my finger already teasing the trigger. Maya turned around and looked at me confused but also shocked, "I'm sorry." i mumbled and watched as she tried to come at me, her weapon raised high, but in the same second, I pulled the trigger and shot clean between her eyes. I watched as her body fell to the ground with a thud, and her now empty eyes stared up at me.

My body was frozen, staring at her motionless corpse in front of me. I looked into her eyes as the red faded and her origin eye color came back. Her hand letting go of her weapon, she was swinging a few seconds previous as it seemed as if time was slowing down.

Wanda POV:
It was quiet for a moment as all three of us were shocked from what just happened. I watched how y/n stood there frozen, not being able to move, her right hand still raised with the gun. She looked down at maya with a mix of many emotions in her eyes. Behind her I could see Natasha, still sitting on the ground as she was still weak but even Natasha, who was not easily caught off-guard, looked at the scene with a mix of shock and sadness written over her features.

I knew that Nat wanted to do something, she wanted to get up and wrap y/n tighly into her embrace, her thoughts were so loud it was obvious that they're not hating each other, they were just too scared to act on their feelings.

I sighed deeply before I slowly walked over to y/n, the gravel cracking under my boots as I did. "Y/n/n? Hey, can you put that down for me, please?" I spoke softly, grabbing the gun from her hand, slowly putting it down. I threw the gun on the ground, away from us and gently cupped her face into my hands. I tried getting her to look at me, but she was just staring at her sister on the ground. "Y/n, come on, don't look. Look at me sweetie, okay?" I spoke quietly and tried turning us around so she would stop looking at what she did. "What did I do..." she whisperer, her voice breaking. Her eyes were filling up with tears as her bottom lip started trembling. "No, no, it's not your fault. You had no chance, okay? It's gonna be okay." I spoke before pulling her into my arms as she started crying. I felt as her body got weaker and we sunk to the ground as she cried into my shoulder and held onto me as if i was going to disappear. We sat there as she cried. With each sob, I felt her body shake and tried to calm her down by rubbing her rub slowly and humming a Sokovian melody that my mother always hummed for me when I was stressed or sad. Looking over her shoulder, I saw Natasha sitting there, her face full of worry and even though she tried to hide it, I could clearly see the tears in her eyes too.

Natasha slowly lifted her left hand up to her ear and pushed a button on her earpiece before speaking. I couldn't exactly hear what she said, but her eyes never left the scene in front of her.

Nat POV:
"Guys? We need a Quinjet in the forest at y/n's cottage, I will send the coordinates through. We got a dead person too." I explained, still out of breath, my eyes never leaving Wanda and Y/n.

"Natasha? We're on our way. Who is the body?" I heard steve on the other side. His voice sounded tired but hurried, as if i just woke him up. I didn't give an answer to his question as I was busy trying to get up. I held my side from where I received a good kick from Maya. With all the strength left in my body, I stumbled over to the corpse on the ground and fell to my knees beside her. I could hear the owl somewhere in the trees and y/n's crying, besides that, I heard Tony and Steve in my ear as they tried talking to me. Without thinking, I ripped out the earpiece and threw it into the lake with a groan of frustration. "I'm sorry we couldn't save you." was what I whispered before I closed maya's eyes with my free hand. Another girl became a victim of the RedRoom and Hydra, and we weren't able to save her. I screamed out in frustration and great grief while hitting the ground with my fist several times before I sat back as the pain in my body became too much.

It didn't take long for the Quinjet to arrive. The ramp rolled down, bringing Steve, Tony and Banner into display. Steve ran out first. His face terrified that one of us, probably Wanda, would be dead. Steve and Wanda had a strong bond. He became like a big brother for her after what happened in Sokovia, so it was understandable that he was scared for her when I said there was a dead person. Bruce rushed over to me while I saw tony walking back into the jet only to be returning a minute or so later with a wheelchair. Bruce kneeled in front of me, examinating a cut on my forehead before his gaze shifted to Maya. "Who did it?" He asked, looking up through his glasses. "Y/n."

"Romanoff. Let me help you." Tony, who was suddenly stood beside me, spoke gently. Bruce got up and walked back to the jet while Tony held out his hand for me to take. He pulled me up and helped me sit in the wheelchair. Banner was fast to come back with a stretcher, which had a black zip-up back on it. After steve  made sure that Wanda was okay, he came over to us and gently lifted Maya up from the ground and onto the stretcher. They zipped up the bag and rolled it onto the jet. I could still hear y/n crying heavily and yelling after her sister. It broke my heart seeing her like this, but I knew she wouldn't accept me if I would go over to her now.

I felt the wheelchair moving and realized Tony was already rolling me to the jet. "Wait, what's with y/n?" I asked, looking up at him. He looked over at Wanda, who was already watching us, and nodded. She nodded back shortly with tears in her eyes and with a movement of her hand, y/n's body losened and her eyes closed. Steve came over and lifted y/n up before walking up the ramp of the jet with Wanda as well as tony and me behind.

Hi:) I know this was really sad but trust me it's for the plot ✋🏻🥲
I hope you liked it anyway and if you did you can leave a vote and comment and maybe a suggestion for what else you want in this story? Stay safe, friends<3
26/03/24
1185 words