~Chapter four~

TW:-

Narration POV:
"You really did get them with the surprise effect." the readhead laughed sitting beside Wanda in the jet. Wanda, on the other side chuckled shaking her head slightly. They finally managed to capture the deadly whisper and had every right to celebrate that. But now the big work comes, the interorgation, finding out who they work for and why they're doing this.

°

°

°

°

°

°
Opening her eyes, y/n found herself in an unfamilliar environment. Slowly, she sat up from the bed she laid on and took in her surroundings, finding herself in some sort of cell she let her body fall back to the matress with a heavy sigh. "Good morning, sunshine." she heard a voice and turned her head to look at the readhead standing there with a smirk on her face and y/n's mask in hand. Seeing the mask, y/n immediately looked into her reflection of the glass, seeing that her mask was indeed gone. "Fuck" she mumbled and sat up again. "What do you want Romanoff?" she asked and Natasha walked closer to the glass, tilting her head as she studied the face of her enemy.

"Anwers. I want answers." the readhead demanded and y/n let out a dry chuckle. "Well, we all want something we can't have." y/n grinned and Nat's glare hardened, "You think this is some fucking game or what?!" she snapped and y/n shrugged smiling at the ex assassin. "Tell me about you agent romanoff?" y/n suddenly changed the topic and Natasha looked at her for a second, "I thought you know everything about everyone?", "Oh I do, I do, I just wanna see how open and honest some people will be."

Realizing that she wouldn't get any aswers another way, Nat decided to play along a bit. She smiled to herself and walked over to a chair in front of the glass before she started telling her story. "Before I worked for shield, I, well, I made a name for myself." she chuckled, and y/n studied her face while she talked. "I have a very specific skill-set, I didn't care who I used it for or on. I got on shields radar in a bad way. Agent Barton was sent to kill me." Nat explained, staring in front of her before her eyes wandered up and met with y/n's e/c ones staring into the spys soul. "He made a different call."

"Very cute." y/n scoffed with a smirk, "And what would you do if I said I won't attack anyone from you again?" y/n raised a brow and nat gave a light chuckle, "Not let you out.", "No but it was worth a try." the assassin in the cell teased. Natasha sighed, getting annoyed. She stood up from her seat and walked even closer to the glass, making her oppsite do the same. "It's really not that complicated, I got red in my ledger, I'd like to wipe it out, maybe you wanna to the same and become an avenger?"

Completly ignoring the question, y/n squinted her eyes at the russian before she started smirking, "Can you? Can you wipe out that much red? Dreykov's daughter?" y/n asked and saw all the color drain from Nat's face as the smile fell. "São Paulo? The hospital fire? I know everything, about all of you." y/n went on and Nat's face became more pale with every second, what y/n didn't know was that Tony and Wanda made their way into the room too, but they stood further away from Nat and y/n. "Your ledger is dripping, it's gushing red and you think running around with some others and saving some defensless little people will change anything in that? This is pathetic! Even for you Widow! You lie and kill in the service of liars and killers. You pretend to have changed, to be one of the heroes now to make up for the pain and horror you've caused but it will never go away. It's haunting you isn't it? in your dreams at night and in the pain you see on the streets and in the field." y/n spoke and saw the tears make their way into Natasha's eyes.

Suddenly y/n hit the glass with the side of her fist, using all her force creating a loud sound and making Nat flinch, "You will never change! You will never be the hero and you will die knowing that no one loves you because of the pain you've cause this world!" y/n seethed and Natasha turned around not wanting to let her enemy see her crying, but still, y/n was able to her little sobs coming from the readhead. "You're a monster!" she cried and y/n smiled putting down her hand, "Oh I know I am, and I accepted that fact, but I'm not the only monster here, did you accept being a monster?" y/n stated and Nat turned back around, staring at the person in front of her in shock.

Deciding that enough is enough, Wanda and Tony walk into the situation, "okay enough with this you fucking psycho!" tony seethed as Wanda rushed over to Nat, checking on her before making her way out of the room with the redhead. "Have you never gotten any love? What's your problem?" tony snapped and the moment Natasha heard y/n's answer she stopped in her tracks and turned around in shock. "Love is for children."

I managed to write a chapter today!! Yaaay! I really love this chapter to be honest. What do you think? Please let me know, stay safe friends <3
05/08/23
925 words