~Chapter twenty-six~

TW:-

Nat POV:
It's been days since Wanda and I got into y/n's room. We've been checking up on her several times a day. I more than Wanda if I'm being honest. I checked on y/n every like two hours, tried talking to her, and stuff. She let me help her clean herself up as she still couldn't find the strength to do so. We ate together, although she didn't eat much, but Wanda cooked for us every day. Y/n and I also had a few small conversations, but I was talking more most of the time. It also became a routine that I would crawl into her bed, and she would cuddle into me not long after.

"Fury wants to talk to Y/l/n." Steve declared as he stood in front of me with his arms crossed over his chest. "About what?" I grimaced, but Steve only shrugged. "She's not ready yet. I won't let him see her just now." I insisted. Steve sighed as he let his arms fall to his sides. He took a seat in the chair in front of me and looked at me for a moment before he spoke. "She can't just rot in her room, Natasha. We have work to do, and that you and Wanda always have to babysit her only makes it worse. We need everyone."

"What do you need us for? There are no big missions now, Rogers! She's our friend and we will help her through this." I disagreed with him. "Fine. I didn't want to say it like that, but I don't want you around her Nat. She's no good influence for Wanda and you."

"What are you, my father? I can be with whoever I want, and the same also applies to Wanda." I spoke through my teeth before I got up from my seat on the couch in the living room and walked towards the elevator.

I stepped out of the lift and made my way to y/n's room, passing my room in the process. I knocked on the door before I opened it slowly. Entering and closing it behind me. "Hi Y/n," I smiled, walking closer to her bed and kneeling down in front of her. My hand slowly slid through her hair as I gently pushed it out of her face and behind her ear. "I got us UNO to play as well as something to snack and drink. Wanna get up?" I whispered. She looked at me, her eyes red but a small smile on her lips before she nodded weakly.

I pulled open the curtain so some light could enter the room and grabbed the remote for the TV while she sat up in bed. Linking my phone to the TV, I started playing some quiet music from my Spotify playlist. "I'll go use the bathroom real quick." She mumbled before stumbling her way to the bathroom. I used this moment to make her bed so we could sit on it to play. After everything was finished, I sat on the bed and distributed the cards, 7 for each of us. Y/n walked out of the bathroom and came back to the bed, taking a seat opposite me.

We played a few rounds, most of which she won, even though I was playing for real. But there was a thing I couldn't help but notice, y/n was rubbing her eyes continuously. They must be burning from the crying and not sleeping. "Do you want some eye drops? I have them in my room?" I asked her, putting my cards down and pointing to the door. "Yes, please."

I jumped up from the bed and jogged over to my bedroom, grabbed the drops from my bathroom shelf, and jogged back, closing the door behind me. I handed them over to her, but she didn't take them. "Could you help?" She asked shyly. I felt a small smile coming to my lips and nodded, gesturing for her to tilt her head back as I stood behind her. I put one drop in each of her eyes and put them on her nightstand. We decided that it was enough UNO playing and got comfortable under the covers. My arms found their way wrapping around her body as if it was an automatic reaction. She rested her head on my shoulder, and I could feel her hot breath on my neck, leading my skin to create goosebumps.

At some point, I must have fallen asleep cause I felt someone gently shake me before I woke up. I sat up slowly and saw y/n already sitting on her desk eating the food that Wanda brought us. The sun outside was already starting to set, and I could feel a soft breeze graze my skin after Wanda opened the balcony door. "You really are helping her." I heard a voice in my head and turned to look at Wanda, who was already smiling at me as she stood in the frame on the balcony door. 

I got up from the bed and joined y/n at the desk, staring to eat the food. The whole time, I could feel Wanda's eyes on us, and I'm sure y/n felt that too.

Wanda stayed here for a bit longer, we talked about everything that came to mind while y/n was watching something on her TV. "Hey y/n, I will go take a shower and get some paperwork done. I can come back later if you want?" I requested, she thought for a moment before a smile formed on her lips, and she nodded. Wanda and I said goodbye before we left the room. In front of the door, Wanda stopped me and looked at me with a serious expression, "You should tell her." She said and walked away. "Tell her what?" I called after her. She turned around for a moment and looked at me with a knowing look. "You know exactly what I meant." What she said before she continued walking.

In my room, I got seated at my desk and started to fill out some paperwork that was long due. It took me an hour and a half to get back on track with all the files, but when it was done, I felt relief. "Oh god, finally." I grumbled before putting it all away and grabbing fresh clothes from my closet before walking into the bathroom to take a shower and freshen up.

With still damp hair but with fresh clothes and a laundry basket under my right arm, I walked out of the room and took the elevator to the washroom to put my laundry in the washing machine. With that done, I left my basket there and took the elevator once again to get to mine and y/n's floor. I knocked on the door but got no answer, so I slowly entered. Through the window, I saw y/n sitting on the balcony with nothing but a hoodie and shorts. I grabbed the blanket that was over the desk chair and made my way outside. "Here, it's cold." I mumbled and gently put the blanket over her shivering body.

"Thank you, Natalia." She spoke, and I tensed up at the name, and she noticed. "Oh, I-I'm sorry. I didn't..."

"No, it's fine." I assured her with a smile. I always hated when people called me by that name, but with her, it's something else. It's like she sees me for who I am and not for who I was and what I have done under the control of the red room.

"Did you ever wish that you could just travel back in time and, you know, make thing right?" She asked after a few moments of silence. I turned my head to look at her as she was just looking at the stars. My head floaded with all the things I wish i could make right. "Every day." I confessed. I felt her eyes on me but continued looking at the sight in front of me. "I'm sorry I acted the way I did towards you."

"It's okay. I'm sorry too, I was a big asshole," we both chuckled at what she said, and I nodded before she continued.

"And i'm sorry I brought up all the things from your past. That day in the cell." She spoke slowly, her voice almost breaking.

We both turned to look at each other, "We've both done things we're not proud of. We all did. But I think the greatest strength someone can have is to forgive, so we can live our life and become happy. And I don't want to live my life in misery. We all did bad things, but I don't judge people on their worst mistakes. So I forgive you. It wasn't you who did it. It was your will for revenge." I explained as I watched y/n closely. "I forgive you too." She nodded and gently took my hand that rested on my knee.

We looked at each other for a few more seconds before I finally brought up the courage to do what I wanted to do for a while. 

"I'd really like to kiss you." I confessed and watched her for any reaction. After a few seconds, she started to smile brightly. "Then do it."

I was slightly taken back by this answer, but still, my hands cupped her face softly before I connected our lips without waiting any longer. At first, it was a short kiss, but when I pulled away, she pulled me back in. Our lips moved like they were made for each other. I started pulling her closer towards me. She got the hint and moved over, placing herself in my lap. Her hands tangled in my hair, and our foreheads rested against each other as we pulled away to breathe. My arms wrapped around her body as I held her close, both of us not wanting this moment to end.

"I did, in fact, kiss you when I thought you died in that hydra base." I smiled shyly, and she laughed, "Ha, i knew it." She celebrated and kissed me once again before her head rested on my shoulder and her arms slung around my back.

Hello :) i hope you're all okay and still enjoy reading this story. If so, then you can vote and leave a comment, stay safe, friends<3
15/04/24
1725 words