~Chapter twenty-three~

TW: -

Y/n POV:
A few had passed since I ran away with my sister. We hid in my small cottage in the woods, and I nursed her wounds as well as some small cuts of my own. Maya wasn't really talking to me since we arrived. She just kept to herself, but at least she didn't try to fight me. I felt bad leaving Natasha behind like that after she helped with every step to find Maya, but there was something else. I just can't find out what. I've been thinking about Natasha in some way I never thought about someone else. We hated each other, but somehow, I felt safe with her. I've been having these dreams or memories, I don't know what to call them, and it was always the same. Nat kissed me in that base, thinking I was going to die. But like she said, i must have been hallucinating.

"Y/n." i heard a voice behind me and turned around. Maya stood there at the bottom of the stairs and looked at me with an expression I couldn't quite read. "Yes?", "When can i go? I have stuff to do." she spoke, her voice laced with impatience. I chuckled shortly, looking at her as if she was joking, but she was deadly serious. "You can't go. Not until i figured a way out to stop that brain control you're under." i said coldly. If she knew how much my emotions were involved in this, she could use it against me. I turned back around and heard as she huffed before i heard slow steps going up the stairs.

"I will come up later to look at your wounds." i yelled after her. "Go to hell!"

°

°

°

°

Nat POV:
I was sitting in the armchair beside my balcony and looked outside, staring at the stars as I thought. I was thinking about everything that happened in the past few months since y/n was on the team. The way my feelings became so strange, I started feeling something I never really did, not this strong. I thought about how she just left me behind after I helped her with every step of finding her sister. How I thought I was going to lose her in that base of Hydra and acted without thinking about it. In fear, i would never see her again. How i felt the need to protect her at all costs and how I felt so strangely safe with her. I knew it couldn't be love or something like that. We hate each other, or do we?

"Nat? Do you wanna come down for dinner?" i heard Wanda call out through the door after she knocked. With a sigh, i got up from the armchair and pulled a hoodie over my shirt before I walked to the door and pulled it open, seeing Wanda standing there with a small smile. My features softened as I looked at the young witch. She was like a sister to me. Swinging an arm around her shoulders, I closed my door, and we made our way into the kitchen.

Everyone got seated and started to pass the food around, I wasn't that hungry, so I ate some salad along with some baguette. After some time of eating together and talking, everyone around the table became quiet, so I looked up from my plate. "Nat, Wanda, we're sorry." Tony started, and Steve nodded, both looking sincererly sorry. I put my glass down back on the table and looked at every one of them. I saw how pepper looked proud that her husband was able to get over his ego. Clint also looked proud as he looked at tony. Bucky and Peter looked truly sad, y/n had become an important person for them and now she thinks we want to betray her. Wanda didn't say anything. She just observed, and Sam looked down at his plate. Bruce and Thor were nowhere to be found and Vision only looked at Wanda. "I know, and I understand that you were angry. I forgive you, but we have to approach this in another way. Y/n loves her sister more than anything else and I know for a fact that right now, she is trying to find a way to get her sister back." I explained. Everyone nodded as they accepted to do it my way. "Also, tony," i spoke up once again, making him look up from his wine. "If you ever speak to me like that again, I will rip out your tongue." i said as I raised my glass to my lips. Everyone laughed, but Tony looked truly terrified as he nodded at me.