~Chapter six~

TW: None, I think

Narration POV:
It's been almost a week since Nat, Yelena and Wanda last saw y/n in her cell and told her the news. Everyone noticed how y/n changed from being the sassy, mean and provocative person and became quiet, doesn't talk to anyone and even the food was untouched on most days. They took turns supervising her over the cams but nothing changed. She just sat there staring into void. But today? Today was different. Early in the morning, Agent Romanoff was told that y/n wanted to talk to her, so she made her way to the cells.

"I heard you wanted to talk to me?" she spoke as she entered, and y/n lifted her head looking at the russian. "You're gonna need something to write." the woman in the cell said and Nat raised a brow before she pulled out a pen and a little notebook from her pants. "Okay, shoot," natasha ordered after she sat down on the chair in front of the glass, "Valentina Allegra de Fontaine." was all the woman behind the glass said and Nat looked at her confused. "Who's that?" she asked and y/n rolled her eyes as if it was obvious. "She's my boss. She got me some healing serum when I was hurt on a mission so that I could heal fast and go on the next." Natasha nodded, writing down the information before it went quiet between them. Taking in y/n's features, Nat had one specific question in mind, "Y/n," she started getting the womans attention, "how old are you?" she inquired, making y/n smirk, "Why? Do you wanna ask me out?" y/n asked.

A bit flustered, Natasha cleared her throat before she continued talking. "No, that's not what I meant," the redhead chuckled and even tho they're enemies, y/n's face fell a bit after that answer. "I'm 23." y/n answered the question and Nat nodded. "Why?"

"I was around the same age you are now when I escaped the red room. It's been three years since I'm out of there and now I'm 26." Nat explained and squinted her eyes at her, "What are you trying to tell me, Romanoff?" she huffed, making the redhead lean further to the glass. "What I'm trying to say is, that I know you may feel lost right now, you've probably been almost your whole life in this hell hole and I know how you feel, so here's your offer. You can join the Avengers, the first time will be hard with them not trusting you but when you're in for a while, your life will get better and you will find a path." Natasha explained and y/n stared at her before she started laughing, "Are you for fucking real right now? You know what? I'd rather die in here than help anyone of you!" the woman seethed and Nat sighed, "Well. I tried. Then spend the rest of your days in here, it's not my problem." she shrugged before she got up and walked out.

Feeling defeated, y/n walked over to the bed and laid down facing the wall as tears made their way down her cheeks, which of course, no one was allowed to see. What y/n didn't know was that wanda who was upstairs, could feel her pain she just didn't tell anyone. 

"I got a name." Nat announced walking into the living room, and everyone gathered around the big round table. "Please enlighten us." Tony spoke impatiently, "It's Valentina Allegra de Fontaine," she explained and yelena's eyes went wide, "Yelena what's wrong?", "She tried to hire me too. Like two weeks ago, right the day after we destroyed the red room." yelena answered her sister and Steve spoke up, "What did she say to you when she tried hiring you?", "She told me that I could get revenge on the world for making me suffer like this and for so long. "I didn't really understand what she meant or who she was but I told her I don't need that now."  she explained and everyone around the table nodded. "Maybe that's what she told y/n too? And because the red room wasn't yet destroyed at that time she agreed?" Bucky spoke up with a hand on his chin.

"Yeah maybe, did she say anything else? Did she agree to the deal you offered her?" Tony changed the topic making Nat shake her head at that question, "No she laughed at me for trying to bring her on board." she scoffed. "Give her some more time," Wanda spoke up, "I have a feeling that she will eventually agree." she added and the rest agreed.

°

°

°

°

°

°

The days passed by and y/n was still too stubborn to take the offer and get out of the cell. Almost everyone tried to persuade her to take the offer but she always declined if she even talked to the person who was there. Wanda, who hasn't tried it yet decided to give it a try and test her luck. She had no intention of showing y/n that she was a threat. She didn't put on her supersuit or brought any weapon. All she did was go down there in some sweats and a hoodie, with her hair wrapped up in a messy bun. She didn't want to give her the feeling of being any better than y/n, she was human just like y/n and wanted y/n to learn to accept her emotions, no matter how bad they are.

"Good evening y/n," Wanda greeted walking up to the pane of glass, "What do you want maximoff?" y/n who was not so pleased to get another lecture groaned. "I just wanna talk," wanda clarified and y/n sat up cross-legged. Staring at Wanda while she waited for her to continue which she did after she sat down in front of the glass, also cross-legged. "I can feel your pain."  Wanda admitted catching y/n off-guard. "I don't know what you're talking about." she chuckled nervously making Wanda shake her head with a pained expression. "The cams are off. You can talk and be honest." she explained and for a few moments y/n just looked at her, studying her mimic. "Why should I try trust you?"  y/n asked skeptical, "I never said that you have to." Wanda shrugged and y/n leaned back against the wall, her gaze shifting to her lap.

"I don't know why I can feel yours so strong." the witch spoke and y/n shrugged not looking up from her lap. "Y/n. Please look at me." Wanda begged and y/n took in a sharp breath glancing up at her, "You don't have to do this alone, okay? I've lost my brother not too long ago." Wanda spoke cautiously. "Why does everyone of you have to bring this shit up?! Like it's the only problem in this fucking world? I lost my sister okay but I don't have to be reminded of that the whole time!" the assassin snapped taking wanda by surprise with her outburst.

Thinking wisely of her next words Wanda looked around the room before her eyes landed on y/n who tried avoiding her gaze. Deciding that she doesn't want a pane of glass between them when talking to her, Wanda opened the door, surprising y/n with that action. The ginger walked over to y/n and sat down in front of her, pulling her knees up to her chest and resting her arms on them. "I don't want you to spend the rest of your days in here. And I know that you don't want that either." she spoke slowly but y/n still looked unconvinced, "And I know that the first time in the team is going to be hard and they won't trust you, but I will be there and help you through it okay?" Wanda looked at her opposite in expectation, waiting for an answer. Standing up Wanda sighed while y/n watched her every move, Wanda stood in front of y/n seemingly thinking of something and a few moments later y/n saw a hand stretched out for her. "Okay?" Wanda asked again, not giving up trying to convince the assassin.

Here is part 6 for you guys. Man what a cliffhanger, do you think y/n is gonna take the offer or not?🤯 Stay safe, friends <3
06/08/23
1399 words