~Chapter twenty-one~

TW:-

Y/n POV:
Sucking a deep breath in, I woke up still frightened. I looked around frantically and realized that this was our truck and it was clearly not wrecked. But where is Natasha?

I jumped in fright as I heard a knock on the window of my seat. It was Nastaha and she had a look on her face that I couldn't quite make out. Was it worry?

I opened the door and she kneeled beside my seat. "I didn't wanna wake you. But here I got you a coffee and I bought us some food and snacks." She explained with a small smile as she handed me the warm cup. I thanked her with a smile and watched as she closed the door and walked around the car, over to the driver's seat.

"Did you have a nightmare?" She asked after a minute of silence, i nodded. "Do you wanna talk about it?" She spoke slowly as she glanced over at me for a second. "No."

Natasha nodded shortly before she buckled in and started the car. The further ride was rather quiet, I was playing some blocky quest while the radio was quietly playing in the background.

I was playing another level when I felt my phone vibrate in my hands, and a text message from Wanda showed up.

Favorite witchy✨️:
Where are you guys?

Gay lord🤝🏻:
Still on the road, why? Everything okay?

Favorite witchy✨️:
Tony and steve are close to finding her. They know that she's in Budapest. You two have to be there first!

Gay lord🤝🏻:
Thank you, Wanda. Nat just said we're almost there.

"Can't you drive faster?" I asked Nat as i became more and more impatient. Natasha sighed deeply before she pushed her foot on the gas with even more force.

Natasha parked the car and we got outside, grabbing both our bags and speed walked into the building. We walked up a few stairs before I found what I wanted.

I put my ear on the door for a moment, trying to find out if someone was inside. "Give me your hair clip." I instructed, holding my hand out to the readhead. She placed the clip in my hand and I thanked her before starting to pick the lock. After hearing a quiet clicking, I slowly pushed the handle of the door down and tiptoed my way inside, giving Nat a sign to follow. We walked close to the door trying to make as little noise as possible. Just as I wanted to take another step, I felt someone grabbing me by my shoulder and yanking me back. I turned around, ready to swing but Nat gave me the stare, making me go quiet and listen to her.

Looking at her, I saw as she pointed to something on the ground. There was an almost transparent thread going from one side of the room to another. "You almost activated this trap!" She scolded in a whisper tone.

I took a big step over the trap and paid more attention as we went along. I looked around a corner and could see into the living room of the flat. There was stood an armchair in front of me with the back facing me. I grabbed ahold of my gun that was placed in the back of my jeans before i slowly walked towards the armchair, and with one fast movement, I turned it around, aiming my weapon, but there was no one sit. "Old trick." I heard behind me and before I was even able to turn around, someone shoved me, making me stumble and fall over the armchair. I heard two gunshots but realized shortly after they landed in the wall as Natasha striked before I was shot.

I got up from the ground and rushed over to the scene as the two women fought. I saw as Nat went to the ground after she got hit across the head with a freaking toaster. Hearing her groan, I turned my attention back to my sister, who was now attacking me. She kicked me in the back before she landed some good punches in my abdomen. Grabbing her by her shoulders, I used all the force I could bring up and stumbled a few meters before I got her up against the wall.

She was still kicking and punching me, trying to get out of my hold. "STOP FIGHTING BACK FOR FUCKS SAKE I'M TRYING TO HELP YOU!" I yelled at her and for a second she stopped and looked at me. I really thought i had her but then she swung her head forward and hit me in the face, probably breaking my nose. My hold on her loosened for a moment, which she used to break free. She grabbed a pan from the kitchen counter and hit me across the head with it, sending me down. As I opened my eyes again I saw as she was trying to get out of the window but suddenly i heard Nat firing several times with her gun.

Hello friends, i hope you're okay. Here's another chapter as an apology for the cliffhanger last time:) stay safe<3
23/01/24
851 words