~Chapter twenty-seven~

TW:-

Y/n POV:
As I slowly woke up from the deepest sleep I've had in weeks, I felt something warm under me, so I opened my eyes and realized i was laying on top of Natasha. We must have fallen asleep last night. After we exited the balcony, we got back into the room and rested on my bed as we talked for a long time about everything that came into our minds. I, never in a million years, would have thought that the Natasha Romanoff and I would come to this point. I can't tell what we are, but whatever this is, it is better than hating on each other like we did before.

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt a gentle hand moving up and down my back, caressing my spine. "Good morning, Y/n/n." Natasha muttered, her voice raw and rapsy. "Morning, Nat." I responded tiredly, resting my head back on her chest.

"Wanna get down to have breakfast?"

I thought for a moment. I wasn't down there or talked to the others for a while now. What if they're mad that I 'ghosted' them for so long? As I was thinking about the possibilities, I heard Nat speak up again, "What are you thinking about?"

I lifted myself and sat up beside the redhead. "Are they mad at me because I avoided going down or talking to them for a while? I just want to know what to expect when I go down there."

Natashas eyes softened as she looked at me, her eyesbrows knitting slightly. She sat up, resting a hand on my knee. "No, why should they be mad? You lost your sister, you're grieving, and if they can't understand that, then I will make them understand." She finished her sentence with a chuckle.

"Come on, let's go." She yawned, getting out of bed. She walked to the door and opened it slightly before checking the hall. She turned back around for a second and smiled softly at me. "You got 10 minutes. Then i come back, and we go down." she spoke as she walked out and closed the door, not even giving me a chance to answer.

I shook my head smiling but got up anyway. I grabbed some fresh clothes from my closet before walking into the bathroom to get ready.

About ten minutes later, I heard a knock on my door, so I jumped up from the bed to go open the door. Natasha stood in front of me, smiling softly before checking her phone for a second.

"I'm on the minute." She laughed, causing me to laugh too.

I walked out of my room and closed the door behind me before Nat hesitantly stretched her hand out in my direction. I could tell she was nervous from the look in her eyes. So, without much hesitation, i grabbed her hand in mine and intertwined them. I couldn't help but notice how her cheeks turned a light shade of pink and how she tried to hide it by turning her head away from me. I chuckled shortly before I told her that I was ready. We decided to take the steps so we could spend a bit more time. When we arrived at the last staircase, I noticed how Nats pace slowed down, so I looked at her questioning. "Y/n, I'm not really out to the team. I don't know how they would react, and I don't think i'm ready to come out already. I hope it's fine if we keep this a secret for now?" She spoke nervously, playing with my bracelet. Of course, I could understand her, and I completely forgot the fact that I wasn't out to the team either. "Yes, of course I understand, we take as much time as we need. Deal?" I suggested, gazing up at her. The ends of her lips slowly curled upwards into a smile, and she let go of my hand to cup my face in both her hands. "Can I?" She requested. I felt my stomach erupt in bytterflies at how gentle she was. I nodded at her as I placed my arms around her waist and leaned in closer to capture her lips in mine. It was sweet, filled with gentleness.

We parted shortly after we heard the voices of the team behind the door. One last kiss was shared before we opened the door to walk out to the team. "Look who's back!" Peter cheered and jumped up from his seat at the dining table to run over and hug me. I held the young boy tight to my body as I felt his arms tighten around my back. "I missed having you around." He mumbled into my neck as i rubbed his back gently. We parted, and the rest of the team came to hug and greet me. "If you need anything, let me know." Tony whispered into my ear as he hugged me. I nodded shortly and squezzed him for a second to show him my appreciation.