Chapter 5

(Hey, loves. Did you like the cliffhanger? ;))

(I don't want to spoil the chapter, so A/N at the end.)

(Also, please comment on every paragraph. I'm tired of having no comments, it makes me anxious tbh.)

<DESTRUCTION'S POV>

My eyes widened as I realized the truth.

I could kill myself with my power.

I smiled softly, thousands of ideas and scenarios immediately coming to my mind.

I could finally die.

Where would I go? Raw power killed entities, it didn't fade them, so that ruled out Tartarus. The Underworld, perhaps? I shook my head, smirking.

I didn't need to think about it.

I looked around. I couldn't just kill myself in a mortal park. I needed to say goodbye to my army and a few of the gods, but if I told them what I was going to do, they wouldn't let me.

But a certain god had to.

"Hermes," I called out softly.

I probably looked like a mess, but I didn't care. Hermes materialized in front of me, doing a double take once he saw me.

"Hey, P-Destruction," Hermes greeted with a small smile.

"Hermes," I greeted back with a small laugh.

Hermes looked at me curiously.

"You could give people some messages without me having to tell you why, right?" I asked.

"Yeah," he replied, "Besides, it's a part of privacy, so I can't ask you, either."

I gave a sigh of relief. Hermes looked at me suspiciously.

"Tell Apollo that he's an amazing god, though I probably shouldn't inflate his ego too much," I said with a wet chuckle.

Hermes was looking more worried and suspicious than ever.

"Hestia, she's the kindest of them all, she's incredible, and she deserves more than the Olympians give her," I went on.

"Hades, he's one of my favorites, he's incredible and doesn't get any recognition," I continued.

"And you, Hermes, are the best god I could've ever asked to meet," I concluded with another wet chuckle, tears streaming down my face by now.

Hermes looked even more concerned.

"Tell Eta that he was the best brother ever, Dove was an amazing sister, Forger was an incredible brother, and Star was the best sister I could've asked for," I added lastly.

Hermes nodded.

"Oh, and tell Order that she was incredible, and she was like a sister to me as well," I said.

Hermes looked like he wanted to question the reasoning for these messages, but didn't. Like he said, he couldn't.

"Chaos...I dunno, he was...I don't want to say anything," I concluded, shaking my head.

I looked up at Hermes with a watery smile.

"Why do you want me to give them these messages? What happened?" He blurted out, unable to keep it in.

I sighed. I wasn't angry at Hermes, obviously, and perhaps it would be nice to tell him.

"Swear on Styx that you won't repeat this to anybody," I told him seriously.

Hermes nodded immediately.

"I swear on Styx that I will not repeat anything that you are about to tell me," he said solemnly.