Chapter 23

(A/N: fuck everything.)

<CHAOS' POV>

I walked over to the other side of the bed and got under the covers, wrapping my arms around Struct. They yawned again and shifted slightly in my hold, their breaths evening out as they quickly fell asleep.

I stayed by their side for a while. After about half an hour, I silently slipped out of bed and flashed out into the living room. The tense atmosphere continued with an even stringer awkward one.

"Hey," I greeted them, plopping down on the couch again.

"How's he?" Dove asked.

"They finally fell asleep, I'm just hoping that they can rest this time," I responded, exaggerating the pronouns.

Dove blushed in embarrassment and nodded, muttering a small 'thanks'.

"Do they hate me?" Eta asked genuinely.

I turned toward him and hummed thoughtfully.

"No," I replied eventually. "They're upset about your reaction to the whole Hermes situation, which I am, too, and how you sided with Order throughout the fight."

Eta nodded, deep in thought.

"I'm sorry about my reaction, by the way. I know I overreacted, but I was shocked and I felt angry at Alpha because this will probably affect things with my father, especially now that we've made up and all... I'm sorry," Eta apologized.

I smiled.

"Don't worry, I understand all of that and I'm sure Struct will, as well," I reassured him.

Eta sighed in relief.

"And, I didn't side with Order in the fight, I was on her side because she was mad about the situation with Hermes, but I was only on her side because of that. Not her reasoning. And I think you already noticed that I didn't support her the second she began antagonizing Alpha," Eta explained.

I sighed, nodding in understanding.

"Order... Order really fucked up," I muttered.

There was a quiet, small chorus of 'yeah's. I sighed again and looked up, glancing over at the team.

"You guys ate something, right?" I asked, wanting to make sure.

"Yeah, Eta made us some breakfast," Forger nodded.

Eta smiled awkwardly. I nodded in acknowledgment. We sat in a comfortable silence for a while until I spoke again.

"Should I talk to Order?" I wondered aloud.

They all perked up at this. I looked at them, wanting opinions on the matter. Eta went first.

"I think that you should fix things as fast as possible, because this fight can drag things out to long-term petty things and unpleasant stuff. All I'm gonna say about that is thank the fucking primordials  that you aren't Greek gods," Eta breathed.

I burst out laughing along with the others.

"Could you imagine?!" Dove choked out, wiping tears of laugher away.

I sighed happily, turning to Forger.

"I think that you shouldn't put it off, but it shouldn't be a priority. Give her some time to process the fight, understand how deep what she said really went. I don't think this will cause a petty revenge kind of thing because you aren't incest-centered Greek gods," Forger shrugged.

I snorted and nodded in agreement. I lastly turned to Dove.

"I think it depends on Order. Should she be mature and realize how horrible she was, the whole thing can go smoothly without other fights. I-I'm genuinely so worried about Alpha, I'm scared that he- I'm sorry, they, might get caught up in what Order said and-" Dove sighed anxiously. Forger wrapped an arm around her.