Chapter 14

(Chaos is a he rn and if you didnt see i changed Struct's pronouns to he/they)

<CHAOS' POV>

I was exhausted, finally leaving Order as I finished my paperwork. It was currently 03:15, and while I did finish a bit earlier than expected, it still wasn't early enough.

I flashed into the house and went upstairs. I entered Struct's room, thinking they'd be there, but the room was empty. Slightly worried, I left their room.

"Struct?" I called out anxiously, looking around before going back downstairs.

I saw them curled up on the couch. Letting my anxiety override myself, I ran toward them and looked at them in concern as I gently put my hand on their face, giving a sigh of relief when I felt warmth.

Entities don't have heartbeats and don't breathe, so there aren't many ways to figure out if an entity is dead or alive.

And Struct... well, you probably understand my concern.

What I wad anxious about now was the fact that they looked like they passed out rather than just falling asleep. I was concerned and gently picked them up, taking them to their room.

"Oh, Struct," I murmured quietly with sadness.

I ran my hand through their hair, smiling slightly as they subconsciously leaned into my touch.

"Ch-Chay?" Struct groaned, opening their eyes and looking at me.

Suddenly, they hugged me tightly and didn't let go.

"Oh my- oh my gods," they whispered with gladness.

"Struct?" I asked softly but they didn't give me any answer, just hugging me close in silence.

"I- uh-" Struct cut off, and I had a feeling that they was too anxious to speak.

"Shh," I quietly comforted, wrapping my arms around Struct and holding them closer to me.

Struct sat across my lap and buried their face in my chest, continuing to hold me tightly.

"Thank you," I heard them whisper, shrinking in on themself a bit and letting themself be held.

I figured that they needed the comfort. I gently rubbed Struct's back, wanting to help as much as possible.

After a few minutes, Struct shifted a bit in my hold.

"I'm sorry," they whispered.

"For what?" I murmured softly.

"For causing you so much trouble. You're dealing with me even when you don't have to, and I'm just this hopeless, worthless thing that probably will never actually be properly healed," Struct told me numbly.

"Struct, don't. You don't cause me trouble, I'm happy and glad to help you, and I will until you're completely healthy and thered nothing left to help you with. You aren't hopeless, you're just going through a rough patch that will end up being important in your healing. You definitely aren't worthless. You're an amazing person, Struct, and if you understood your worth, you'd be amazed at how wrong you actually are. And never doubt it, you will be completely healed, it just takes a bit time. Hold on. For me? Please?" I asked quietly.

Struct smiled the tiniest bit before replying.

"Yeah."

I smiled and hugged them tightly, letting go but still keeping my arms wrapped around them.

"Why did you say 'thank you'?" I asked suddenly, remembering the words they muttered.

Struct let go of me and looked at the floor.