Chapter 35

(A/N: I'm so sorry for not updating. On a brighter side, my grandmother's here so I'm definitely gonna need some escapism, so more chapters for you guys!!)

<DESTRUCTION'S POV>

As we headed down the stairs, the chatter in the living room got quiet, presumably because they had heard our footsteps. As we stepped into the living room, I bit my lip anxiously.

"Uh, hey," I greeted quietly.

"You've gotten cozy with her again?" Eta asked sharply, staring at our intertwined hands.

"Well, uhm, not- not exactly," Chaos tried to reason.

"I believe I asked Struct," Eta replied quietly, his voice low and dangerous.

Chaos looked up at that, narrowing her eyes at him.

"Since when do you call him 'Struct'?" Chaos asked sharply, something suspiciously like jealousy sparkling in his eyes.

"Since when do I have an obligation to inform you of everything that happens?" Eta retorted.

"I'm the leader of this army, obviously you're supposed to inform me," Chaos scoffed.

"I believe it was Struct who recruited us, Chaos, not you or Order," Eta responded coldly . "And it just so happens that Struct also leads the army, so in all honesty, you're not needed."

"Don't-" I tried to interviene.

"Stop calling him that," Chaos snapped at him.

I let go of Chaos' hand, but she barely noticed, still shouting at Eta. I took a shaky breath and quietly stepped away from them and toward Dove and Forger.

Dove gently put her hand on my shoulder, comfortingly patting it. Forger kept an eye on the fighting two, preparing to step in.

"Stop it!" Dove called out, a sliver of charmspeak coating her words.

Eta and Chaos quieted down, looking at Dove.

"Stop fighting. You're not some immature kids.  Get your shit together and fucking talk. If you're going to fight, don't do it in the house that we share, because it's disrespectful to the rest of us. You got that? Now, if you two fight again, I'll go to Order and get her to do something, so you better get your fucking acts together," Dove snapped.

The entire room went silent, not having heard Dove snap like that before. Forger gently took her hand and led her out of the living room. Eta and Chaos' gazes flickered onto me, making me shrink back slightly.

"Sorry," Eta apologized quietly, his voice scratchy.

"You're okay, right?" Chaos asked in concern, stepping toward me and earning a glare from Eta.

Ignoring him, she came to my side.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," she apologized softly.

"Can you guys please just stop it? I don't want you to continue fighting, I don't want this to be a choice between the army or you," I begged quietly, glancing at Eta as well.

"But if it was?" Eta asked quietly.

Chaos glared at him in outrage.

"Did you not hear him? They specifically asked to not choose! Let him-"

"Chaos. Eta."

They shut up.

"Sit down, and let's talk like the mature people we are," I offered.

They took their seats, staying away from each other as possible. After a second of hesitation, I sat next to Chaos.

"Now, Chaos, what's your problem with Eta?" I asked gently.