Chapter 9

(I'm sorry for the incredibly short chapters!)

<CHAOS' POV>

The next morning, I woke up with Struct wrapped in my arms. I smiled a little and cuddled closer to him, peacefully looking around the room.

Everything was a mess right now. Star, Forger, Eta, and Dove were still on Earth, Order was taking over for me while I was with Struct, and everything seemed exhausting.

I didn't care about any of it.

Which, of course, sounded bad and irresponsible for an ancient entity such as me to say, seeing as I had the job of keeping universal peace balance as a neutral entity, but, Struct meant to me more than anything in this universe of mine ever did.

I was scared that he loved Hermes. He said he didn't know what he felt, but I was secretly barely keeping myself together. If he chose Hermes, what was I supposed to do?

I had never fallen in love before Struct. He was and is my one and only, and I don't know what I'd do if I ever lost him to somebody else.

I don't mean to sound shallow, or anything, but I hated Hermes for kissing Struct. Did they both kiss? I guess, but if they hadn't, I'd be happy. Hermes didn't tell me why he was there or what Struct was doing, and asked me not to ask him about it.

I was still angry at myself for pushing Struct to tell me about his abuse. I still wanted to talk to him about it, but I didn't want to remind him. He was still extremely tired and could do extremely well without any more trauma.

Struct's breathing hitched.

"Chay?" He murmured hoarsely in his sleep.

His breaths quickened and he began turning frantically in my arms.

"Struct," I said softly.

His eyes slowly opened he looked at me, relief flashing over the fear and vulnerability in his eyes.

I frowned in worry, tucking a piece of his hair behind his ear.

"Ch-Chay," he panted, trying to get his breathing back to normal.

"Struct, it's okay, just breathe," I told him quietly.

He nodded, getting too anxious to speak.

"Do you want to stay here today?" I asked him.

He nodded, slowly getting his breathing back to normal. I gave him a small smile and gently stroked his arm.

"Nightmares?" I asked quietly.

Struct nodded, causing me to wince.

"I-It's not yo-your fault," he choked out before coughing.

"It is, I triggered your childhood trauma," I argued, tears springing to my eyes.

Struct coughed some more, probably trying to talk. I put my hand on his arm and looked at him firmly until he stopped coughing and trying to talk.

I blinked my tears away and focused on my boyfriend, watching him warily. He closed his eyes and tried to relax. I softly wrapped my arms around him, trying not to get too upset over the fact that he had flinched multiple times.

I silently cuddled closer to him, closing my eyes and slowly falling into the realm of Morpheus.