Chapter 30

(A/N: I needed to reflect my problems onto Struct, sorry not sorry.)

(Also I'm curled up on my bed immobilized by cramps and an unbearable migraine so pls leave loads of comments bcuz I love scrolling through them and I have exams every day for the next two weeks and I need some serotonin desperately because I self harmed an hour ago and I'm tired of everything.)

<DESTRUCTION'S POV>

I closed the door, shock making me numb to emotions. I was dimly aware that I was trembling. I felt so empty and lost, like I had nothing left. I wanted to kill myself, to put it blatantly.

I silently went downstairs, having so many thoughts that I couldn't think. I headache began to throb, making it even harder to focus on my thoughts. I managed to get downstairs, my already injured ankles burning with distant pain. I walked into the living room and sat down on the couch, ignoring the others and glaring at the floor.

"Alpha?" Dove asked worriedly.

I felt everybody's gaze on me.

"Alpha? You good?" Eta asked concernedly, panic in his tone.

"Destruction? Alpha?" Order tried.

"Give them some room to breathe," Forger told them quietly.

The room went silent. I ran a shaky hand through my hair before looking up. Everybody was watching me intently.

"Chay- Chaos just broke up with me," I managed to say, still numb with shock.

"He did what?!" Eta yelled in outrage.

"How- what- why-?!" Dove stuttered in shock.

"Why in the fucking universe?!" Order shouted incredulously.

"What- the- fuck?" Forger muttered, his voice deadly calm and threateningly quiet, although still carrying throughout the room.

I numbly stared at the wall.

"Are you okay?" Order asked sincerely with genuine concern in her voice.

I silently shook my head. The others shared a glance before turning back to me.

"If I may ask, why did he do it?" Eta asked softly.

I took a shaky breath, trying to focus on the room and not on my mess of thoughts. I turned to Eta.

"He said that we weren't good for each other. That we were both depressed and it wasn't good for us to not be able to be happy, even together, I guess because at least one of us is depressed at all times. So we weren't able to be happy freely and we weren't able to help each other," I explained, my tone dead and flat.

"That's so stupid! It has nothing with you two dating, you could be friends and it would be the same thing!" Eta yelled in outrage.

The others nodded quickly in agreement.

"I don't know. I don't know," I laughed deliriously.

That did nothing to decrease their worry.

They glanced at each other, silently communicating.

"Can I- can I just fucking stab myself?" I asked hysterically, looking at them desperately.

"Alright. That's it," Forger said, getting up from his seat.

"We won't leave you alone and we won't trust you with sharp objects. If we need to, we'll send you to fucking Alaska just so you can't use your powers to kill yourself. No, okay? No."

Forger's tone was firm and his eyes were filled with concern.

"Okay, maybe lay off a bit?" Dove suggested quietly.