Chapter 36

(My father threatened to beat me up.)

<DESTRUCTION'S POV>

"What?" I asked sharply, looking at her in shock.

Chaos held my hand tighter, looking at me worriedly. Order gave a small nod, staying silent.

"Zeus let her go," Order explained. "Without consequences."

"Excuse me, what?" Chaos asked sharply, her voice low and deep with a threatening undertone.

In shock, I shrinked back toward her. Order sighed quietly.

"Zeus didn't listen to us. He decided that, because we didn't give any strict orders, it would be fine to let Chase go," Order repeated.

"What the fuck?" Chaos hissed.

I shuddered, looking up at Order desperately.

"No," I whispered.

Chaos quickly turned to me in worry.

"Struct, I'll handle this, please don't-"

"I can't just avoid this, Chay," I said quietly, my tone flat.

"You can, Struct. Trust me, I can handle this for you," Chaos tried.

"It's not that, I just- I can't run away from my problems. From her," I replied quietly.

Chaos stared at me, most likely trying to think of another plan that didn't involve an interaction with Annabeth and I.

"Chaos, I'm sorry, but this can't be avoided," Order interjected, slightly urgent.

"Order, stop," Chaos said sharply.

"Chaos, don't-"

"Struct, please, just let me handle it," Chaos asked beggingly.

"Chaos, as much as I appreciate it, if anyone should deal with Chase, it's me. She was a part of my old life. Don't restrict me from doing this stuff, Chaos. Don't treat me like I'm fragile. Don't keep me from going on normal missions that we used to go on," I told her quietly, putting my hand on her shoulder.

Chaos hesitated.

"Okay," she agreed reluctantly. "But the others will come with us, too."

"I'll tell them," Order interjected, flashing out before either of us could argue.

"Well... okay. We just... wait... I guess," I said awkwardly.

"It'll be fine, you know," Chaos murmured, putting her head on my shoulder.

"But I don't. I don't know. Anything could happen, especially with the Olympians and demigods against us," I rant quietly.

"The Olympians won't go against us, they wouldn't dare. Even Zeus isn't that dumb," Chaos snorted.

"Demigods? They went against Kronos," I reasoned quietly.

"For the Olympians. For the good of the world. Not in rebellion. Not like us," Chaos reasoned back softly.

"Still-"

"Alpha!" Dove exclaimed from the bottom of the stairs.

She ran toward me and hugged me tightly. Forger and Eta slowly came into the living room as well. Dove let go of me, and I murmured a small 'thanks'.

I glanced at Eta with guilt. He avoided my eyes, instead watching Order expectantly.

"Alright, shall we leave now?" Order asked, glancing at us. "Where's Star?"