Chapter 22

(A/N: shoutout to Potetius once more because I seriously did forget about this fanfic and now I'm obsessed with it again. Thanks.)

<CHAOS' POV>

I watched with warm joy spreading inside of my chest as Struct fell asleep in my arms, curling up slightly.

I knew I needed to talk to Eta and Order, but seeing Struct sleeping so peacefully in my arms, I felt like I was obligated to hold him as he slept.

Reluctantly, I set him down on his bed, concern washing over me as I noticed how unbelievably light he was. I doubted he ate anything, if not too much, in the past month.

Sighing in worry, I made a mental note to make Struct eat something once he woke up. I looked at him for a few seconds, smiling uncontrollably as I watched his sleeping figure lightly snore and the way his chests rose and fell with each breath he took.

I flashed out into the living room. The atmosphere was tense and awkward. Once they realized I had flashed in, everybody's gaze fell upon me. I sighed and sat down on the couch, sitting down next to Eta.

"How's Destruction?" Order asked hesitantly.

I shot a glare at her.

"Funny you should ask," I began harshly.

Order winced.

"How would you feel if somebody insulted all of your insecurities, made you hate yourself and be disgusted with yourself, blamed you for something that wasn't even your fault that you felt guilty about anyway, and made you feel unloved by somebody you trust?" I asked snarkily.

Order flinched and stuttered, trying to come up with a reply. Eta gaped at me.

"He really felt that way?" He asked in a whisper.

I laughed humorlessly.

"How else was he supposed to feel? One thousand years of harmony and now you're snapping at him, just when he's at his worst. Congratulations, you've all reached a new low," I shot at them.

I turned to Forger and Dove.

"You guys should show Struct that you care about him, Eta and Order did a lot of damage," I sighed.

They nodded.

"Is he doing better now? Did you guys talk it out?" Dove asked softly.

I nodded.

"He's a bit better now, I tried my best to comfort him, but I don't know how well it worked. We talked, and I don't think he blames me. He's asleep right now," I added.

Dove nodded quickly.

"That's good," she muttered.

I turned back to Order.

"I don't want you to even look at Struct anymore. He was feeling good, he was finally getting better, and-" I cut myself off with a frustrated groan.

Order looked ashamed.

"I don't care what you do or say to Struct after this," I began, "But if you do not apologize, and I don't mean a meaningless apology, I will not call you my sister anymore," I told her coldly.

Order nodded grimly.

"Say something, will you?" I snapped, annoyed at her silence.

"I-I'm sorry," she said quietly.

"'I'm sorry'?! After everything you did, all you say is 'I'm sorry'?!" I shouted incredulously, laughing humorlessly.

Order glared at me, sitting up in her seat.