Chapter One ⁜ The Offer

"As a new head of the family, you have to have a wife, sir

"As a new head of the family, you have to have a wife, sir."

Kim doesn't even look up from his phone, "do not tell me what I have to do! Did no one brief you on the protocol?" Kim now looks up at who is supposed to be his new right hand, "I do not take orders from anyone. And definitely not from you."

"Sir, with all due respect, you are taking over the most powerful mafia family in Thailand. Having a wife will show our enemies that this family is stable and you are the man of his word. It is a tradition that the head of the mafia family has a wife who is always by his side."

"Fuck the tradition! Besides... my mom died years ago. She clearly wasn't always by my father's side." Kim looks out at the house he hasn't seen for years. Eight years to be exact. Since he was fifteen. It looks like nothing has changed. Apart from the fact that his father is dead. He looks back at his right hand — he still doesn't remember his name... Tall? Huge? or maybe Big? Yeah, it's probably the last one — "or you know what? If you can find me a cute boy... I might give marriage a second thought."

Kim gets out of the car, leaving Big speechless.

Arm looks at him from the driver's seat, and laughs, "khun Kim is gay. You really haven't read the protocol, did you?"

Big shakes his head, "I didn't have time to."

Arm looks truly concerned for Big for a second and then he says, "well... good luck. You gonna need that."

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

"The Lucaci is trying to get our territory in the south of the city since the tragedy happened, sir."

"Our informant, Matt Perez, decided to switch sides. We got information that he was seen at the Mallori's last night."

"We have lost a truck full of Cuban cigars this morning. Our men disappeared as well. Our suspicion lays on Lucaci, but so far, no words from him."

"The money we have invested in—"

"Can you shut up for two seconds?" Kim drops himself on the big comfortable leather chair in an office that now belongs to him. "First of all—what tragedy?"

"Y—your father's death, sir."

"That piece of shit is dead," Kim sighs, "finally! What is there to be sad about? Don't tell me that any of you here," he looks at about a dozen men all standing in the office, waiting for his instructions, "is sad that he is dead. Are you? Anyone? Because I'm not. So," Kim clasps his hands together and leans over the old mahogany desk. "here's how things are going to work now. As long as all of you will follow my orders and not fuck with my personal business..."