Chapter Eleven ⁜ The Closest to Heaven He'll Ever Be

Kim can't stop thinking about Chay's words the entire drive to Chay's house—'I feel so safe around you

Kim can't stop thinking about Chay's words the entire drive to Chay's house—'I feel so safe around you.' He feels safe around me. Safe with me. In a way, for Kim, that means more than if Chay told him that he loved him. Not because Kim doesn't want to hear that, to hear from Chay's lips that he loves him, but because it would be too early. Too early from Chay's side. From Kim's side, it's not early at all. Kim loves Chay. He loved him from the moment he saw him. But Kim is also an obsessive maniac, so that isn't that surprising. But when it comes to Chay, Kim wants Chay to truly fall in love with him naturally. He knows that Chay already feels something for him, but he isn't going to be foolishly hopeful and think that it's love. Not yet. But hearing Chay saying that he feels safe around him... in the world like Kim's, this means so much. Kim doesn't think that Chay knows how deep into Kim's heart those simple words went and how they are going to stay there forever.

When they get to Chay's house, Kim is pulled into the not-so-far-away past where he was desperate for Chay to kiss him again and when Chay did, Kim knew then and there that he was going to keep Chay even if it meant ruining everything else around them. And now, even though they are in the present, and Chay is his, one thing hasn't changed. Kim is still desperate for Chay's lips just like he was before. So he pulls Chay into his arms before they get inside and kisses him. Hand, cupping Chay's soft cheek, Kim is holding him close, lips on lips, savouring the taste of his boyfriend, because he wants to because he can because Chay loves kissing him as much as Kim loves kissing Chay. Kim can feel it in the way Chay kisses him back, in those soft quiet moans that drive Kim crazy with lust, and when he pulls away and their eyes meet, Kim can see it in the way Chay's eyes glisten with desire.

And then Chay rolls his eyes because he loves to pretend that Kim isn't affecting him as much as Kim knows that he does and walks into the house. Kim just smirks and follows suit.

The house is small. Well, small compared to Kim's 'palace', but Kim immediately feels comfortable. There's an essence of Chay lingering in the air. Kim can't exactly pinpoint what it is, but he thinks that even if he didn't know that this is Chay's house, somehow he would still feel Chay in the air around him. There are a lot of pictures hanging on walls and carefully placed on shelves. On some, there's only Chay. On the others, there's Chay with some other man—Kim assumes that's Porsche. There's a cosy-looking sofa in the middle of the room with a blanket thrown over it. The small coffee table in front of it is covered with textbooks, papers, and circle stains left from coffee mugs. The kitchen's clean and spacious... a fruit bowl stands in the middle of the kitchen table, and the clock is quietly ticking right above the fridge.

It all looks so mundane, so safe... so unlike Kim's place... It makes Kim wish that he would be just an ordinary boy growing up in a neighbourhood like this, having a cosy little house with a small sofa and blanket thrown over it and a bowl full of fruit that wasn't changed by maids every morning, but instead was there until it was ripe enough to be sweet like honey in Kim's mouth.

But then, Kim thinks about how this isn't the house where Chay grew up. Chay grew up in an orphanage. This is the house they got after Chay's brother worked enough to afford this. And suddenly, instead of Kim wishing to be growing up in this house, Kim felt upset that Chay didn't have the same kind of treatment and luxury as Kim had his whole life. Kim knows that being rich doesn't automatically make a person happy—he himself is evidence of it, but he hopes that with him, Chay will let himself enjoy things he could never enjoy before...