Chapter Eight ⁜ Promise

Chay feels silly when he wakes up

Chay feels silly when he wakes up. He kind of wants to immediately text Kim and rant about what a shitty day he is about to have. He also wants to tell him that he misses him and maybe even send him a picture of himself in true boyfriend fashion. It's ridiculous and a complete 180 from how he felt just yesterday before he actually decided to cross that bridge between them but fuck it! Chay is allowed to feel whatever it is that he is feeling, and right now he feels happy to have someone to think about the moment he wakes up. He remembers Kim's soothing voice from the previous night, and he isn't sure whether Kim's voice just got magically more attractive during those two weeks that they had no contact whatsoever or it's just that Chay is Kim deprived more than he thinks he is. With a quiet groan and a heartbeat a little faster than normal, he realizes that it's probably the latter.

So he picks up the phone and lets his fingers type whatever his mind thinks is appropriate. He tells Kim everything that's on his mind and then he decides to go for it. He drops himself back into the sheets, his hair falling right into his eyes, and he pouts—the pout is both because he is tired and doesn't want to get out of bed, but also because he wants to tease Kim a little. If Kim is as obsessed with Chay as he is claiming to be then this photo should make his obsession even stronger. Chay isn't dumb—he knows how cute and handsome he is. So why not use it to tease his boyfriend?

After he sends Kim the selfie, Chay slowly crawls out of bed like a zombie and goes to find Al Capone. He finds him curled up downstairs on the sofa. Cleaning his white fur, looking like the whole house belongs only to him. And who knows, maybe it does. Al Capone is Chay's cat. He got him from Porsche on his eighteenth birthday and since then Al Capone has been Chay's favourite companion. He can already hear Kim's laugh when he finds out that Chay's cat is named after one of the most infamous mob bosses in history.

Thinking about Al Capone in this new context—it's kind of funny to Chay as well.

Chay gets to the sofa and presses a kiss on Capone's head, "morning, baby. Want some food?"

Al Capone stops cleaning his fur and with his tongue still out, he looks up at Chay. It's quiet for a couple of seconds and then he just... "meow."

Chay smiles, rubbing Al Capone's tummy, "okay, come here... let's find you something."

Chay shuffles through the kitchen. Makes breakfast for both Al Capone and himself, and after he is done eating, he goes back upstairs, to get ready for the day. He decides to ditch the shirt off his uniform and go for a baby blue hoodie because, after all, they don't have any classes today, instead they will be in the university library almost the entire day so why not go for something comfier?

He arrives at the university library at 9:10 am—exactly how he and his classmates agreed. For a minute he thought that he'd be late for the rain was pretty heavy, and the traffic was worse than usual, but it all worked out just fine, and exactly on time, he slides into the empty seat next to Clara and smiles at everyone, "morning."