Chapter Sixteen ⁜ Cutting Edge

It’s both terrifying and exciting to kidnap a person

At least, that’s how Chay feels right now. 

Chay had never thought that he would be a part of a kidnapping. Or if he did, he most likely feared being the kidnapped one. But here he is now, hands and legs free. Casually walking around the warehouse while Mallori’s daughter is tied to a chair, wrists and ankles so tightly tied up together that Chay doesn’t have a doubt, it will leave marks for days. Her face is covered with a sack, head ducked down, so far, she doesn’t let out a sound. The contrast between freedom and captivity is suddenly so striking to Chay—just like the contrast between life and death was the moment when the bomb went off, and suddenly he was pinned under Kim’s warm and firm body, but he was afraid, terrified that Kim was hurt or worse…

And that’s exactly why Miranda Mallori is here right now. Because Chay was terrified. Because Chay almost lost his love. Because Chay’s fiance got hurt. Because Chay is pissed. He is fucking angry. And he won’t let Mallori get away with it so easily. This might be his first time indulging his dark, bloodthirsty side of him, but he isn’t nervous. He has his Kim with him. Even though Chay can’t see him, he can feel him. Kim is lingering in the shadows, somewhere far in the back, so that the spotlight can be on Chay only, but Kim still can have everything under control. Chay can feel Kim’s eyes travelling all over his body, stopping at his ass way too many times. Kim’s gaze is burning the courage through Chay’s skin into his veins, and Chay has to bite his lips to keep the sound of utter satisfaction inside his body.

He feels like the entire world is lying at his feet. Like he can do anything he wants to, and no one, not even god, would be able to stop him. With Kim’s support, his unconditional devotion and love, everything is easy. Knowing that if something goes wrong, all Chay has to do is call Kim’s name, and Kim will be right beside him in mere seconds, makes Chay incredibly calm, maybe even terrifyingly so.

Now he is glad that since he gave the order to kidnap Miranda, three weeks had passed. She went to Brazil for a late birthday vacation with her friends just the day the bomb under Kim’s car went off. Chay wonders if the timing was coincidental or not. Maybe Mallori knew that if his daughter knew that he almost blew up her precious Kim, she’d be feral. Well, that’s one thing she and Chay have in common. At first, Chay hated that Miranda so conveniently left the country just at the right time, but now he actually appreciates it very much. Besides some scars here and there, Kim’s back is healed so he can be with Chay right now, which is something that wouldn’t have been possible three weeks ago, and Chay’s anger is no longer fuelled by terror and fear for Kim’s life. No, now it’s rational. Now it’s calculated. Now Chay wants to have a talk with Miranada and send her home with a small little present for her father. They will learn, not to touch what’s Chay’s. He may be new to the game, but he knows how to play.

“Kim.”

It’s Miranda’s voice. She is finally speaking. Lovely.

“Kimhan?”